If Mike had another job, what would it be?

At the concert in Stuttgart last December Mike told the crowd that his father wanted him to become a roofer

High school principal (or whatever the equivilant is in Sweden). During the first couple of weeks, he'd scare the kids into submission with his death growls (I said GET TO YOUR CLASSROOOOOOOOOOM!!!! YAAARRRRWWWWWW!!!!!!!). But then after they got to know him, they'd all realize that he's just this really cool, laid back, likable guy who plays guitar in a side band. And he'd turn them on to all of these cool, obscure prog groups from the 70's.

High school principal (or whatever the equivilant is in Sweden). During the first couple of weeks, he'd scare the kids into submission with his death growls (I said GET TO YOUR CLASSROOOOOOOOOOM!!!! YAAARRRRWWWWWW!!!!!!!). But then after they got to know him, they'd all realize that he's just this really cool, laid back, likable guy who plays guitar in a side band. And he'd turn them on to all of these cool, obscure prog groups from the 70's.

You seem like describing your experience with Opeth :p
attracted by death metal which turned you into Prog rock :p am I wrong?

You seem like describing your experience with Opeth :p
attracted by death metal which turned you into Prog rock :p am I wrong?

Actually, quite the other way around. I was always into both metal (Grew up in the 80s with Metallica, Megadeth etc) and prog (Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes etc). But I've always stayed far away from the whole death metal thing. I just never did think that cookie monster vocals could be taken seriously. A friend recommended Damnation and I loved it....bought Ghost Reveries later even though I knew it had death growls on it....and it quickly became one of my favorite albums ever. And the rest as they say is history. :headbang:

singer and guitarist in a progressive rock/metal band.....oh wait someone already said jesus....???