Soundtrack to your Escape
Touch of Red

Come Clarity
Take This LIIIIIFEEEE /wrist

ASOP
1.Grr I detest everything in this album :( Ill pick "I FEEL LIEEEKKK SHAYEEEET"

SOAPF
Deliver Us(oh god)

*Though I hardly listen to any other albums post clayman, besides SOAPF which has some neat tracks in there :p

how do you not like lord hypnos? its the best in flames song ever... :devil::devil::devil:

Lord Hypnos rules.... if any song should be hated on from TJR it should be Dead God in Me. What the fuck is all that bullshit in the middle of the song? Ruins it.

DISLIKING DEAD GOD IN ME? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!!?!?!

On a serious sidenote:
Lunar Strain - Everlost Pt 2/Hårgalåten (Okay I get that it's meant to be a bit folky but I think these two songs took one step to much over the gay line)
Subterranean - Eye of the Beholder/Murders In The Rue Morgue (Both extremely boring covers imo)
The Jester Race - Wayfaerer (I don't understand how you can NOT pick this song or possibly The Jester's Dance over the others?) :S
Whoracle - Everything Counts (Better than the gay original, I can give them that)
Colony - Clad In Shadows (Short and non-interesting song imo)
Clayman - Swim (Don't really know why, it sounds to fancy and happy in a weird way and it's a bit repetitive)
Reroute To Remain - Metaphor (Violin part is great though)
Soundtrack To Your Escape - Bottled/Evil In A Closet (Don't need to say why)
Come Clarity - Scream (Also a very repetitive song, especially the riff and barely any melodies)
A Sense Of Purpose - Sleepless Again (It really sounds depressing in a bad way)
Sounds Of A Playground Fading - Liberation (Too much experimenting for me although the proggy outro is great)

Just to clarify... I don't hate Dead God In Me as a whole song :D I just think the middle part where the baby is crying etc completely kills the song. It would have been far better without all of that shit, which is why I prefer The Inborn Lifeless.

Not including instrumentals which would take the cake ( Hårgalåten / The Jester's Dance / Pallar Anders Visa)

Lunar Strain - Lunar Strain
Jester Race - Dead God in Me
Whoracle - Morphing into Primal
Colony - Resin
Clayman - Satellites and Astronauts
Reroute to Remain - Drifter
Sountrack to your Escape - Touch of Red
Come Clarity - Scream
A Sense of Purpose - The Chosen Pessimist

DISLIKING DEAD GOD IN ME? WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!!?!?!

On a serious sidenote:
Lunar Strain - Everlost Pt 2/Hårgalåten (Okay I get that it's meant to be a bit folky but I think these two songs took one step to much over the gay line)
Subterranean - Eye of the Beholder/Murders In The Rue Morgue (Both extremely boring covers imo)
The Jester Race - Wayfaerer (I don't understand how you can NOT pick this song or possibly The Jester's Dance over the others?) :S
Whoracle - Everything Counts (Better than the gay original, I can give them that)
Colony - Clad In Shadows (Short and non-interesting song imo)
Clayman - Swim (Don't really know why, it sounds to fancy and happy in a weird way and it's a bit repetitive)
Reroute To Remain - Metaphor (Violin part is great though)
Soundtrack To Your Escape - Bottled/Evil In A Closet (Don't need to say why)
Come Clarity - Scream (Also a very repetitive song, especially the riff and barely any melodies)
A Sense Of Purpose - Sleepless Again (It really sounds depressing in a bad way)
Sounds Of A Playground Fading - Liberation (Too much experimenting for me although the proggy outro is great)

You've totally managed to name some of my favourite tracks as the worst on their respective albums... I love it when In Flames push the envelope of what their audience listens to (Well, usually. I'll make an exception for The Chosen Pessimist). In many cases their experiments prove to be some of their strongest work.

Everlost II is beautiful, it's definitely the most unique track on Lunar Strain... Wayfaerer had two sections in a major key, at the end of a dark, dystopic record who the hell does that? It felt really refreshing and uplifting when I listened to it, almost euphoric. Once again with Everything Counts, they took an 80s electro pop song and put it on the end of a dark, dystopic record... and made it work in the context of the record. They took Gore's lyrics which were initially simply about greedy record execs. and completely recontextualised it to be about the (very real) threat that there're people out there willing to exploit the world for their own ends until there is no world left. Metaphor's just awesome because of its uniqueness, I don't know how you would even begin to classify it... is it folk? is it pop? is it metal? It just is but it's a lovely little melodic ditty. As for Evil In A Closet, I think it's the best song on Soundtrack by a country mile. The lyrics alone give me goosebumps, it's just the most honest representation of the feelings you get after losing someone you love to someone else, the quiet melancholy contrasted with raw anger... Not to mention Bjorn's bluesy guitar solo is amazing.

Anyways that's just my take. Felt I couldn't let those songs simply be attacked without defending them, but you're more than entitled to your opinion.

My own:

Lunar Strain: Starforsaken (promising intro which descends into a scrappy mess)

Subterranean: Subterranean (unlike the rest of the tracks on here this suffers from a lack of variation and doesn't seem to go anywhere)

The Jester Race: Dead God In Me (still don't feel that this belongs on this album, it feels tacked-on)

Whoracle: Dialogue With The Stars (this was incredibly difficult, it's a great track still but the rest of the album is just so good.)

Colony: Insipid 2000 (again, really difficult choice because the whole album's great)

Clayman: As The Future Repeats Today (surrounded by stand-outs)

Reroute: Transparent

Soundtrack: Dial 595

Come Clarity: Scream (That chorus)

ASOP: Delight and Angers (I have really no idea what this song is supposed to be about, or if Anders temporarily forgot how to write in English, it's also unmelodic, overplayed and incredibly dull)

SOAPF: First half of The Puzzle sounds a bit of a mess (that is really the only fault I can find with this album, it's stellar in virtually every other regard)

Dude Scream isn't that bad it's just that one line. Other lyrics in the chorus are actually pretty good.

Disconnected is another good song with stupid lyrics. I think everyone knows what lyrics in specific I'm talking about.

I'm interested to see how his lyrics progress coming from weak ASOP lyrics to better SOAPF ones. It seems like he puts less time into them now since after CC. The message in each song is still there just no real original metaphors. Though The Attic reminds me of Metaphor in that I can see it being from two different points of view, so that's really nice.