In Flames song you don't like

Yeah the giant ice-scream is a nice touch. A little big though man, we don't need another 200 pages of 'Sounds of A Playground...' thread to be taken up by ice-screams!!

Well, size does matter. And thank God we forgot about beards and cocks... Imagine 200 pages of giant beards and cocks in signatures. :D

but, hey, we are the greatest crew of In Flames fans on this damn planet! :devil:

Yes we are! You guys are a lot of fun. If In Flames could release one album per month this place would be madhouse whole the time. Unforunately, this enthusiasm is bound to die quickly.

I'll be sure to add more enthusiasm when it comes to the 20th of June (more like the 22nd or something, when it finally reaches my door), because i still haven't listened to any material other than the 4 leaked songs.

1. Have Deliver Us on my iPod- refused to listen to it in the last few weeks and have had my finger hovering over the play button more than once.
2. Listened to the title track about 3 or 4 times. Haven't in the last few weeks, like Deliver Us.
3. Haven't heard all of A New Dawn yet, only the crappy radio rip without intro and outro to the song!
4. Heard the other track that leaked- i call the song 'Slash my Soul' because it has those lyrics in the chorus and i can't for the life of me remember which track it was.

Needless to say- my excitement is fit to burst, whereas you guys have already experienced this 'bursting', when it leaked! Man, does that sentence sound strange! ;D

Back on-topic: i think SOAPF is going to rank among my top 3 IF albums, if not then my Number 1 album. Me saying that now is worrying me- because i'm hyping it up for myself and maybe setting up for disappointment :( :)

I'll be sure to add more enthusiasm when it comes to the 20th of June (more like the 22nd or something, when it finally reaches my door), because i still haven't listened to any material other than the 4 leaked songs.

1. Have Deliver Us on my iPod- refused to listen to it in the last few weeks and have had my finger hovering over the play button more than once.
2. Listened to the title track about 3 or 4 times. Haven't in the last few weeks, like Deliver Us.
3. Haven't heard all of A New Dawn yet, only the crappy radio rip without intro and outro to the song!
4. Heard the other track that leaked- i call the song 'Slash my Soul' because it has those lyrics in the chorus and i can't for the life of me remember which track it was.

Needless to say- my excitement is fit to burst, whereas you guys have already experienced this 'bursting', when it leaked! Man, does that sentence sound strange! ;D

Back on-topic: i think SOAPF is going to rank among my top 3 IF albums, if not then my Number 1 album. Me saying that now is worrying me- because i'm hyping it up for myself and maybe setting up for disappointment :( :)

Dude, I don't know how you're restraining yourself. The album is so good, you won't be disappointed. And the song is Enter Tragedy.

Hahaha i must have patience of steel!! I am going slightly insane each day that passes. 20th of June and i'll be bald, fat and have rotting flesh. But hey, at least i'll feel like... Alright i'll give it a rest! :D

I'm glad to hear you and so many others are enjoying the album! I can't wait to recieve my deluxe edition.

This year is going to be so great for metal music- New In Flames album, New Machine Head album, New Trivium album. I'm fuckin' sorted.

I've changed my mind-

Least favourite track from RTR: Egonomic. It fuckin' sucks. Can't believe i said Transparent was my least favourite!! At least Transparent has a decent guitar solo!!

I've changed my mind-

Least favourite track from RTR: Egonomic. It fuckin' sucks. Can't believe i said Transparent was my least favourite!! At least Transparent has a decent guitar solo!!

I don't think Egonomic sucks but it definitely is the weakest song on the album for me by far.

I don't think Egonomic sucks but it definitely is the weakest song on the album for me by far.

Forgive me- it sucks... next to all of the others on RTR! :heh:

What are your least favourites from STYE then, dude? As your sig says- you are pro-Bottled. But does that mean it's not at the bottom of your STYE list? :)

EDIT: sorry Erik Erna, mate, i respect that you like Egonomic. Just wandering what makes the song appeal to you? I dislike the chorus, and the strange keyboards played behind the vocals. There's something about that chorus... maybe i'll have to listen to it a bit more with my earphones (Reroute to Remain's production really sucks when played through speakers- the vocals, rythm and lead guitars are so far behind the drums in the mix, and it's shame!)

What are your least favourites from STYE then, dude? As your sig says- you are pro-Bottled. But does that mean it's not at the bottom of your STYE list? :)

To be completely honest, I really don't skip any Soundtrack songs. They all pretty much have the same number of plays according to my iTunes, except Bottled does have a much lower count because I tend to skip the near-silent outro and iTunes doesn't count a play unless the last second is ticked off. If I had to pick one song I skipped the most, it'd probably be Superhero mainly because I haven't really figured out the meaning, or I have, and it's just a little silly. But really I don't even skip that song too much. So, I guess, gun to my head, Superhero would be rated my lowest, even though I still gave it 5 stars in iTunes.

I like Egonomic a lot. It's got a really energetic vibe to it, and I dig the chorus. I can see why people wouldn't like it though.

For Egonomic, I like the speed, the intensity, REALLY like the lyrics. I enjoy the chorus, I don't know. I just really like this song. Not my favorite from that particular album, but not my least favorite either.

Dead Eternity!? That's the best track (along with December Flower) on TJR!

The lyrics are great, that melodic piece at around 3/4 of the song and that slow part at the beginning where Anders' speak... How can it be your least favourite?

Dead Eternity!? That's the best track* (along with December Flower) on TJR!

The lyrics are great, that melodic piece at around 3/4 of the song and that slow part at the beginning where Anders' speak... How can it be your least favourite?

* Correction: it is YOUR opinion. Not mine :loco:

I honestly feel that it lacks the melody. The songs that are the most 'thrashy' on In Flames' early albums tend to be the weakest in my opinion- Food for the Gods is an example from Whoracle. I can't say i'm a huge fan. Of course December Flower is amazing, i dunno, i just feel Dead Eternity seems to go on too long without getting anywhere :confused: Hard to explain.

I don't like the idea of choosing instrumentals on lists like this- most don't have a chance of standing up to songs with vocals. They just don't stand out as much. I'd pick Wayfarer if i were to pick one though- it just doesn't seem to fit. Too jolly and feels like 80's hair-metal or something :erk:

EDIT: okay, okay. Just finished my latest romp through TJR album- and the closer is the weakest track in my opinion. All the sound effects (baby crying, woman screaming) don't really compliment the song or it's structure. And otherwise it thrashes around too much. Some of the lyrics are straight out of StarWars. What it is with the UM Crew and comparing IF to StarWars? lol

It was more rhetorical than anything :p
I just find it hard to believe that such an awesome song is low ranked in your list but yes, I do know that everyone has an opinion. :)

I agree that Wayfaerer gives too much of a happy vibe than it should (for TJR anyway). Instrumentals usually aren't as good as songs with vocals but The Jester's Dance is one of my favourite tracks from TJR.

I agree with the closer, it's OK, but compared to the rest of the tracks it's not up to the standard.

I'm pretty sure IF are big Star Wars fans, so I'm sure that's why some people here make those comparisons. As for Dead God in Me, I don't think it is the weakest. The part at 1:22 or something is awesome.

It was more rhetorical than anything :p
I just find it hard to believe that such an awesome song is low ranked in your list but yes, I do know that everyone has an opinion. :)

I agree that Wayfaerer gives too much of a happy vibe than it should (for TJR anyway). Instrumentals usually aren't as good as songs with vocals but The Jester's Dance is one of my favourite tracks from TJR.

I agree with the closer, it's OK, but compared to the rest of the tracks it's not up to the standard.

See, I think it's crucial to the flow of the album and pretty daring. How many other artists in the genre were writing anything in a major key at that point? I've always said I feel like Wayfaerer is the true closer to the album and that Dead God In Me was something of a tacked-on afterthought, a redone version of the Inborn Lifeless. I guess the whole point of the happy section in Wayfaerer is to show that after all the darkness (and TJR is probably In Flames' darkest album) that there is a bit of hope for us all... I don't think its sounding happy is a weakness at all, in fact I think it's one of the album's greatest strengths that it ends on a high note.

I'm pretty sure IF are big Star Wars fans, so I'm sure that's why some people here make those comparisons. As for Dead God in Me, I don't think it is the weakest. The part at 1:22 or something is awesome.

They are
in the back section of the clayman booklet it says "May the force be with you!"

not to mention that they have opened with the Star Wars intro before...

Last edited by a moderator:
oh fuck, my back is destroyed and i've left winamp way over on the other side of the room playing In Flames... it went through whoracle, then r2r... and now it's gone onto STYE, gay :D