In Flames song you don't like

The song is so f*ckin' shite i can't even bear to make it to the solo! What a pile of mindless, dull crap!

lol jokes

I don't mind the pace of the song (it is Clayman's version of The Chosen Pessimist!), there's just something about it that loses my attention. Seriously i was on a long car journey the other day and listened through ALL of Colony and was making fine progress through Clayman, really feelin' the love for those albums. Then Satellites and Astronauts came on and i had to hit the skip button during the second chorus before i fell asleep at the wheel and killed someone!!

Such a boring chorus, the last thing you need in a slow burner like Satellites is a midpaced, droning chorus!

Careful friend, we are all civilized pacifist people... But we know what it takes to break you, and you know we never sleep... :D

S&A is beautiful song. Slow piece between two fast songs, melancholic clean guitar, nice melodies, great lyrics and absolute beauty of a solo. Light years ahead TCP and anything else from R2R-ASOP.

How can someone dislike Satellites is beyond me. It has it all - epic clean guitars, awesome lead stuff and solo, interesting lyrics, and vocals sound really really good. Plus it brings overall balance to the pace of the album, since majority of Clayman is straight uptempo stuff. I'm trying to find a single bad moment in it, and I cant :)

(it is Clayman's version of The Chosen Pessimist!), there's just something about it that loses my attention. Seriously i was on a long car journey the other day and listened through ALL of Colony and was making fine progress through Clayman, really feelin' the love for those albums. Then Satellites and Astronauts came on and i had to hit the skip button during the second chorus before i fell asleep at the wheel and killed someone!!

Such a boring chorus, the last thing you need in a slow burner like Satellites is a midpaced, droning chorus!

You sir, just made my hitlist. :mad:

I performed S & A at my school's talent show. It was fun. First time I played live.

It's not totally outlandish and I think it's reasonable. S&A is the oddball on Clayman and has a completely different vibe that might not suit the guy. Saying it's a BAD song is probably a little dramatic, but I can understand it not being someone's cup of tea.

It's not totally outlandish and I think it's reasonable. S&A is the oddball on Clayman and has a completely different vibe that might not suit the guy. Saying it's a BAD song is probably a little dramatic, but I can understand it not being someone's cup of tea.

I don't think it has a completely different vibe, I mean, there's Bullet Ride, OFTW, and overall the album had a different vibe than most. But yeah, if it's not "someone's cup of tea" that's fine.

If you dislike S&A you surrender your right to have your opinion taken seriously :D

Otherwise yes, it's fine :D

Seriously- i like everything about it. The acoustics are atmospheric, the lyrical theme of having Satellites and Astronaunts, "Buy me a trip to the moon" etc. It's all great stuff... it is simply the vocal layering and the way the chorus is sung!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I'm sorry for voicing my opinion! :devil:

Everything else on Clayman is pure gold. But man, i'd choose TCP over S&A anyday my friends!

Don't-shoot-me-now! :yow:

Seriously- i like everything about it. The acoustics are atmospheric, the lyrical theme of having Satellites and Astronaunts, "Buy me a trip to the moon" etc. It's all great stuff... it is simply the vocal layering and the way the chorus is sung!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

I'm sorry for voicing my opinion! :devil:

Everything else on Clayman is pure gold. But man, i'd choose TCP over S&A anyday my friends!

Don't-shoot-me-now! :yow:

I won't judge you my friend... God will :(

What if he's an Atheist?

No comment. :Smokedev:

Hey Mr.A88, can we have a revote of 'Worst song from Colony'? I thought we agreed instrumental don't count- it only makes sense, as most are only 2 minutes long anyway without vocals and drums. You can only judge instrumentals up against other instrumentals. So c'mon, lets pick the weak link from the masterpiece! :)

Let the revoting commence! :popcorn:

Oh man. I can't count it again. Also, I didn't vote for PAV myself. :D

We only agreed not to count covers and some obscure bonus tracks.

I think the rules are fine they way they are. I mean, instrumentals are part of their official, complete (not sure exactly how to say it) album.

P.S. Our signatures are getting out of hand and it's awesome.

Signatures are awesome. :D

Sometimes this boards are so epic.

Yeah the giant ice-scream is a nice touch. A little big though man, we don't need another 200 pages of 'Sounds of A Playground...' thread to be taken up by ice-screams!!

Or... i could just make my little astronaut into a giant astronaut! :D

We're also forgetting a homage to cocks, beards etc. :worship:

Can somebody make a forum banner for the UM crew?? As an in-joke of course... but, hey, we are the greatest crew of In Flames fans on this damn planet! :devil: