Introduce yourself here

BloodySwan said:
Oh... an introduction-thread... well...

as lots others from here I'm mostly a reader ... which is because I'm a worcaholic and haven't got much time [actually I like to stress myself] ... and well, my english is often shit *lol*
I'm Lia, 18 years old, from (north-west) Germany. I listen to Katatonia for over 6 years now... and since I got to know Kata, it's my favourite band. I saw'em just once... at Summer Breeze '04.
Hmmm... I work as a (web)designer, photographer and sometimes as a writer. I visit art class and I'm currently doing my final exams for high school. In my free time I mostly work on any creative stuff, write shortstories, shoot funmovies, analyze movies, read books and blablabla. But I have another passion:
I adore concerts & festivals. I'm spending my whole holidays at different festivals for 3 years now.
What else to know...

great, it seems female kata fans have a lot in common, ha ha(funmovies, books, writing, festivals....)
We have to surely meet at one festival, hopefully where Katatonia also play :)

Hello you all! I´m soon 30(argh...) years old girl from Finland. I think I´m a reader too,don´t like write too much. Haven´t done that allmost at all since high school so...
But anyways, I hope to see Katatonia in Finland soon. It´s almost 3 y. allready when I first hear them play and actually hear anything from them. But well that 4days was fun :)
see you in threads, I try to be brave and even write something..

Deliverance6 said:
oh no ya dont.....you must introduce yourself.....

Well, why not actually ;)
Though I don't think I have much to say, I kinda don't like to talk about myself.
I've been a fan since.. I can't remember anymore. But what I know pretty good is the way Katatonia infused life into so many hard moments I had to go through so far.
..hmm, anyway... I'm an absolutely insane music freak, can't live without it, and when on the way always with my mp3 player (writing for some zines as well, just for fun of course).
Then, I really enjoy reading, books, many books.. surely not only those I need for my studies, that's why I reside in Munich now actually, no, not the books, because of the studies :loco: It's hard to say where I'm coming from 'cause I've lived here and there for a couple of years, it's strange when your family is more than multinational ;) This summer I'm going to stay a couple of months in St. Petersburg, Russia, it'll be kinda back to the roots I guess, I'm really excited.

I haven't posted here that much lately, but that doesn't mean I'm not lurking around and not keeping an eye on you, guys :Spin:

BloodySwan said:
Hmmm... I work as a (web)designer, photographer and sometimes as a writer. I visit art class and I'm currently doing my final exams for high school.
Could you put up a link to some of you work? (if you've got it online somewhere..)

ether said:
ah you are all so young here....I feel like a grandma...
I´ve been writing for almost 4 years here, anyways I have never introduced myself officially...
I´m 28 but I´m thinking about remaining 28 in the next 10 years in case someone asks my age...
However I live as I were 18 years...

I just turned 30, and it looks like katariina isn't too far behind me, so you're not the oldest!
I'm sure none of us look our age though ;)

Hello. I am a 16 year old girl from Norway, and I am quite new to this forum. As most of you I am a big fan of Katatonia, and have been listening to them for a year or so (I know it is not that much - blame my age!). I listen to a lot of other music as well, of course - My Dying Bride is my favourite. Sigur Rós, Pink Floyd, Windir, Anathema, Swallow the Sun, Lacrimas Profundere, and most important; Katatonia, are among the bands who appear in my stereo often these days. I could make a list of great bands but that would have been extremely boring of me.

And, what more? I go to school and I'm planning to become a writer or a music journalist (or preferably, both. I wish myself good luck. :p).
Among the other things I like doing, are reading, photographing, reading some more, watching movies, writing, role-playing and other creative activities. Mhm.

good evening, I am called adrien aka berni....I am from Toulouse....a great town....I play the battery, I have a small group with which I play of the sound a little experimental electro-dub kind, but I have with a view to make sound "katatonique" with others fan of your music... so I seek partitions of the group because I find that Mr. Daniel liljekvist has a pure inspiration, or rather a pure inspiration... I have heard the "great cold distance", a splendid disc and I wait for the exit in France to discover the small pocket ^^....
Finally I would like to know which are the dates of concerts of the group in France and if you plan to pass in Toulouse...
So thank you with you to make me vibrate through your albums still and always and I hope to be able to meet you in France before long....

my preferred song remains criminals, which is the first source of my fascination for your group so go on in this way you're the best group of the world.....++

demonic hail,
i am a graphic designer, presently living in moscow, russia, have been listening to katatonia since december souls. thanx to the band for coming to russia in 2005 with a gig, it was an awesome one.
in flames,
yuronimus

Name: Gabriel
Kata fan since: Discouraged Ones
Other Bands That I Like: Opeth, Sopor Aeternus, Candlemass, Draconian...
And I also like Cinema like Bergman's, Fellini's, Cronenberg's, Kurosawa's...

Saludos desde México...

Wow, I just accidentally ran into into this topic, it was probably going on for a while... It was really nice to read all of your introductions :) . I hardly posted anything on this forum, though I've been reading it for about 6 months or so... I could say that I'm a better listener than a talker, which sometimes comforts people;) .

Anyway I come from Ljubljana, the capital city of Slovenia, which is stated in the Alps between Italy, Austria, Croatia and Hungary. I ran in Katatonia very very accidentally. I met some guy from Norway via internet while I was playing Warcraft, well it doesn't happen very often... that guy was almost like a soulmate to me, we talked for hours on MSN and we liked the same Sepultura CD, because of drums:D .

I downloaded every single thing about Katatonia, and it all started hmm.. like 1,5 years ago. Listening to Katatonia albums was something completely new to me. I've never heard that true grief in music and came across that melancholy. I started with Brave Murder Day and Ihva Elohim Meth. The brakethrough was when I played the Discouraged one CD at 3 am when I couldn't sleep. I never had similar feelings with any music, I stepped into the Cold ways and gone atmosphere:dopey: . It took me about a year and a half to get through all of the albums. I thought i would never like Tonight's decision and LFDGD, but you should never force to like the record.. si i listened to Katatonia patiently and it was more than worth :).

Anyway my name is Matic, I'm 20 years old, and I study economy. And In the last past 2 years life has significally changed for me - besides music I met lots of intreresting people, friends, and of course my beautiful girlfriend:Spin: .
Besides Katatonia I like music like Pink floyd, Doors, Led Zeppelin, The Police, Enigma, and a lot of metal, like Ensiferum, Dissection, Sepultura and many many more.

The big pity for me is that I live in acountry with only 2 million people, and I never heard of any fan of Katatonia by far... that's probably the reason of my thorough introduction on this forum.

Though I have seen Katatonia play on Metalcamp 2004 - I was really sad because they shortened the show, but after the show I had to go chillout for an hour, I was really impressed by your show, but on the other side sad, because some ''short minded metal people'' didn't like you.

This week I read Deliverance's thread and signed-up for my ebay account, and Tonight's decision record is on my way. Soon I'll get the whole collection probably, but not as big as that from Reece :tickled:. Well I like the artwork and love the lyrics, so those downloaded cd-s don't do me to good:erk: .

I can't wait to buy the new CD in a week im dying for it:hotjump: .... I'll see you guys in Italy and Hungary this year, desperate to hear you live again...

I hope I didn't offend any band members or Katatonia listeners with the fact that I downloaded their albums, but it was the only way to know you. :erk:

Although I could write much more I think you had more than enough from me:D .

Cheers to all!

hey hello!, i'm martin from argentina, i have 28, well i' m fan of katatonia since bmd, i remember first listened them on cassette and went then for the original, since that moment i love them jaajaj.
well hopefully i will become a doctor this year, have no job now and..,well i'm a bad guitarrist, i love futbol i go for boca juniors and sarmiento de junin( a local team), i used to play basquet but now i'm into pizza and icecream :p, well my mail is katatonico99@hotmail.com

Hi everyone :wave:

My name's Jaakko and I'm 23 years old. I live in Oulu, which is a city in northern Finland, with my girlfriend and a dacschund.

I started listening to Katatonia when Viva Emptiness came out. So far I only have Viva Emptiness LP, Brave Murder Day LP and The Black Sessions box, but sooner or later I will buy the other albums as well. So much good music, so little money :erk:

I'm also a Hi-Fi freak, and though I'm a poor student I have 3000€ stereo system.... Saying this out loud makes me realize how crazy I am :loco:

I don't play any instrument anymore, but I listen to music constantly. My taste in music is mainly different kinds of metal, but I do like bands like The Hellacopters and Porcupine Tree as well. At the moment I'm listening to Zyklon's World Ov Worms.

My drinks of preference are beer and whisky. By beer I don't mean pale lagers like Carlsberg, Lapin Kulta, Budweiser and so on, but beers that actually taste of something. I also make some beer myself, since it's a cheap way to get beer that tastes good.

In theory I study mathematics at the local university, but in reality I'm a lazy bugger who would rather just read these forums than study. Hopefully I'll graduate in about a year, but that remains to be seen.

I mostly just read these forums, but if I feel have something worth saying I will say it. Naturally I'm really looking forward to the new Katatonia album.

ether said:
great, it seems female kata fans have a lot in common, ha ha(funmovies, books, writing, festivals....)
We have to surely meet at one festival, hopefully where Katatonia also play :)
... and it seems as if many (female) Kata fans are quite creative... I'm sure it's just because of the good and inspiring music *hehe* ;D
Surely we have to meet some day... and the best chance for that would be a festival with Katatonia anyway (which makes sure that at least a few forummembers are there) ... (;

Vincent J. said:
Could you put up a link to some of you work? (if you've got it online somewhere..)
Sorry dear, my page [which gathers all works and other stuff] is currently offline and will not be up again until the end of march (;

*hehe* really interesting to get to know more about the other users. And as someone said... what does it matter how old someone is or where he comes from... v.v

not I stirred up ground and sky to find it on the Net starting from a radio operator presentation it seems to me.....but it is not what worries me considering I downloaded the majority of your albums on E-mule but I gradually buy the albums which I find in France, which is not very widespread, considering our very average métal culture... (that's not my fault)... I found only your "Black Session" this week end with live so wonderfull in Poland...I would like to know if you know your dates and the French places that you will visit by advising you the "havana coffee" if you pass in Toulouse or the room of the fetes of Tournefeuilles which are two very good concert halls.....it is pleasant to find a group which is concerned with its fans...my address : Lil_homie_from_31@hotmail.fr .....but english is not my language first thus want to excuse me for the errors of language....tcho

DiviniaCommedia said:
Hello. I am a 16 year old girl from Norway, and I am quite new to this forum. As most of you I am a big fan of Katatonia, and have been listening to them for a year or so (I know it is not that much - blame my age!). I listen to a lot of other music as well, of course - My Dying Bride is my favourite. Sigur Rós, Pink Floyd, Windir, Anathema, Swallow the Sun, Lacrimas Profundere, and most important; Katatonia, are among the bands who appear in my stereo often these days. I could make a list of great bands but that would have been extremely boring of me.

And, what more? I go to school and I'm planning to become a writer or a music journalist (or preferably, both. I wish myself good luck. :p).
Among the other things I like doing, are reading, photographing, reading some more, watching movies, writing, role-playing and other creative activities. Mhm.

Swallow the sun! hell yeah