Introduce yourself here

Blakkheim said:
Nun
the free encyclopedia

Nun in cloister, 1930;
photograph by Doris Ulmann

In general, a nun is a female ascetic who chooses to voluntarily leave mainstream society and live her life in prayer and contemplation in a monastery or convent. She is only addicted to music, no drugs, no sex, no smoke, no alcohol (only sometimes under control).

The term "nun" is applicable to Roman Catholics, Eastern Christians, Anglicans, Lutherans, and Buddhists, for example. The male equivalent of a nun is a monk.

Nuns are "dreadful beasts, with sharp teeth and soulless eyes" they are evil and sour (at least from my memories of my catholic school and kindergarden ...), I am a nice, good-hearted person :) so I don´t fit with this definition:p
Moreover my isolation from the earthly mainstream world is inflicted by external circumstances rather than by my will (at least I hope it is so)...mhh and I lost my faith in God many years ago..Maybe I should start a new order "the pagan nuns" ;)

Daniel L. said:

:lol: Hey, enjoying drinking a couple of beers or drinks or whatever since and then doesn't mean you're a drunkard, does it? I find it quite strange talking about alchohol and then being clean :err: Well, sure, if you're some kind of a delirium-freak.
Being dizzy on some evenings and having fun is ok, to me.
But it's annoying to have a hang over, to be sleepy after being up all night and then going to work :ill: On a day like today :loco:

Hah, looks like I never did one of these. So...Morgan here, I'm nearly 18 and I live in California. Found Katatonia through Opeth and I love their old-era work.

What I do...I'm in college, majoring in writing/lit. I'm into writing, art, photography, and of course music :Spin:

Drynwhyl said:
:lol: Hey, enjoying drinking a couple of beers or drinks or whatever since and then doesn't mean you're a drunkard, does it? I find it quite strange talking about alchohol and then being clean :err: Well, sure, if you're some kind of a delirium-freak.
But it's annoying to have a hang over, to be sleepy after being up all night and then going to work :ill: On a day like today :loco:

same here..I would drink more if it wasn´t that the day after I feel so bad and my body is like sayin"please no more alcohol"...and then I always lose something when I´m drunk...gloves, scarf, etc...so I prefer to be little dizzy but at the same time to have the situation under control...

Drynwhyl said:

i may be a drunkard to you guys, but i tell you...i´ve never been hung over in my life. and if you see me drunk after a gig...don´t be afraid to join me.
you may think: "wow, daniel is sooo drunk!"
well, on tour i get loads of beer and liquer whether i want it or not...every day...for free!
@otto: blire marres eller harrys imorn? ;)

I always limit myself to 4 pints(that's 2 Liters) of beer and piss about 7 times in the bar...and two times on the way home which is a 20 minute walk or in my case 30 minute wobble...going home drunk but not drunk enough not to remember the way home

Originally Posted by paradoxille
I always limit myself to 4 pints(that's 2 Liters) of beer and piss about 7 times in the bar...and two times on the way home which is a 20 minute walk or in my case 30 minute wobble...going home drunk but not drunk enough not to remember the way home

if you piss this often you loose huge amounts of water and this should actually give you a damn headache :err:

ok so it's my turn now to introduce myself:
i'm peter from germany, i'm 18 and i will finish school this year. i got into katatonia when i had to gain some practical experience in a job (it was my duty in the 9th grade...)
i often listened to some cds in a shop during my break and one time i listened to "viva emptiness" and then it happened! katatonia became my favorite band of all time!
during the next 3 years katatonia were always by my side. in good and bad times and especially during the "black sessions"... yeah i'm a depressed drunkard, too :D

and i always get a headache as if my head would explode and i have a looong hang-over after drinking... seems i genetically owned it from my mother... so you all can feel damn lucky!!! :Smug:

but that's not a reason to stop it! :kickass: (and at least i have some tricks to avoid having a bad headache :Spin: )

I spend almost every Saturday evening at the bar. It’s a kind of tradition actually. Not in the case to get drunk, just to hang out with old friends I don’t meet that often while a working week. But it always turns out I suddenly find out that I’m pretty hammered. I have to do something with that, drunk girl doesn’t look too good:erk:

Originally Posted by Aprilhäxan
I have to do something with that, drunk girl doesn’t look too good

so you're pals have to drink also, then it's alright ^^

Daniel L. said:
i may be a drunkard to you guys, but i tell you...i´ve never been hung over in my life. and if you see me drunk after a gig...don´t be afraid to join me.
well, on tour i get loads of beer and liquer whether i want it or not...every day...for free!

Im just the type to get drunk and then get drunk the morning afterwards......and then drunk that night.....then find some cocain....then need to come down and shoot some heroin.....then more heroin.....and more heroin.....thats why I dont do it......to all of you who drink.....no problem.....I dont have a problem with those who can drink and be even partially responsible.....I cannot.......so if ever I see you at the bar daniel....I would be happy to buy you a drink.....alcohol doesnt scare me anymore.....Ive been around it often since I got sober.....I suppose I worry about katatonia a little....i would hate to have drugs or alcohol ruin anyones life......it ruined my band.......although we were all super harcore addicts.......I dont know......get drunk.....be happy.....just dont go too far.....dont cross that line.....it will ruin you if you are like me.......so I guess I should just say dont be like me......let it be fun.....it became my job to be fucked up all the time......keep it fun...

Hep! I can´t remember if I´ve introduced myself before (you know, drunk behavior and 5 different forums to keep track of!)
Anywho, I´m Kjeld, 27yo, Denmark, pretty average metalhead (with tinnitus, which is the average deficiency by now, I guess), been at both Business College and University, but fuck that, I´m not cut out for studying... In 3 weeks I´m back in the army fulltime.

Daniel L. said:

Free booze? Fuck man, you're a lucky bastard :lol:! Not that you don't deserve it!

Sometimes I feel a little groggy in the morning... but I was only ever truely hungover once. The night before I drank something like 6 shots of absinthe, 22 shots of vodka and a beer or 2... I actually thought I was going to keel over and die the next day. It's kinda funny on reflection, but that morning... after 3 hours sleep, on the hottest day of the year... :erk:. I couldn't drink like that again. Not for a while anyway.

That said , I drank 3 bottles of wine last Saturday!

Daniel L. said:

I have always been wondering how do you manage for almost two months on the road partying and drinking loads of alcohol every night, eating McDonalds fast food, sleeping a few hours on the tourbus and than going on stage ..I mean I would be destroyed after a week!
what is the secret? The Swedish blood?
Remember however to bring with you some vitamines and eat healthy sometimes so that you don´t get sick at the end of the tour...;)

ether said:
Remember however to bring with you some vitamines and eat healthy sometimes so that you don´t get sick at the end of the tour...;)

Yeah Daniel... Otherwise you'll end up looking like the singer of Roctum:

http://metalkings.ru/sauna-open-air-2005/roctum-SOA-2005-110605/roctum-SOA-2005-110605-34.htm

http://metalkings.ru/sauna-open-air-2005/roctum-SOA-2005-110605/roctum-SOA-2005-110605-16.htm

Haha, I imagined you looking ten times bigger in the My twin -video :lol: It wouldn't have looked that cool anymore IMO.

Miltbrand said:
Hep! I can´t remember if I´ve introduced myself before (you know, drunk behavior and 5 different forums to keep track of!)
Anywho, I´m Kjeld, 27yo, Denmark, pretty average metalhead (with tinnitus, which is the average deficiency by now, I guess), been at both Business College and University, but fuck that, I´m not cut out for studying... In 3 weeks I´m back in the army fulltime.

cool beard man...you look like a shahid(muslim suiside bomber)
but I still luv ya!:worship:

guess I'll breakdown and do this:

name- see username :lol:
age - 21
lives at - London at the moment, New Hampshire permanently, previously California, Chicago, and others.
occupation - technically i'm an audio electrical engineering student, but i primarily occupy myself with:
videogames, surfing, snowboarding, rock climbing, guitar, keyboards, studio crap, painting, traveling, scuba diving, camping, etc...
favorite books - George RR Martin - A Song of Ice and Fire
i am currently - working on an album, probably finished this summer. (hence the band name in my sig)
fav color - red (for the extreme of all passions)
fav drink - coke, mtn dew, rum (though i avoid being drunk)
katatonia fan since - discouraged ones
etc etc

now playing - Solefald: Red For Fire

paradoxile said:
cool beard man...you look like a shahid(muslim suiside bomber)
but I still luv ya!:worship:

When a muslim dies in a war while fightingi the enemy he is called "Shahid".It is not the bombers name and i can see no fight in killing innocents in suprise...

By the way i live in Turkey but i am not a muslim but want to correct this fatal error.

Wanderer said:
When a muslim dies in a war while fightingi the enemy he is called "Shahid".It is not the bombers name and i can see no fight in killing innocents in suprise...

By the way i live in Turkey but i am not a muslim but want to correct this fatal error.

note taken...I didn't know that but now I will, thanks man:wave:
Terrorist bombers do call themselves shahids...but I guess that's because they believe that their death is honorable.