Introduce yourself here

Wow... People were meant to introduce 'em selves but the thread went into muslim terrorist bombers and alcohol. Oh shite, a finnish nationalist group published those Muhammed pics on Internet yesterday. Hopefully my sauna isn't threatened by a terrorist attack.

Divatkreació said:
Wow... People were meant to introduce 'em selves but the thread went into muslim terrorist bombers and alcohol. Oh shite, a finnish nationalist group published those Muhammed pics on Internet yesterday. Hopefully my sauna isn't threatened by a terrorist attack.

alcohol is always good to talk about
as for terrorist bombers...I think you have to worry more about Illitarate raging muslim mob burning your embassy...If Finland doesn't have any embassies in arab countries...you have nothing to worrie about.

I would say that most muslims(mostly the intelligent ones) see that those Muhammed pics as a spit in the face of those radical muslims who think that everyone who's not a muslim is an infidel and therefore must die(and the "slightly" biased Al Jazeera network)

but you're right this is really not the place to discuss it.

Introduce yourself thread it is...

Hey, I'm Pete, I'm 17 and from the UK!
Katatonia, although I am a fairly new fan are one of my favourite bands. I don't have any particular favourite albums but Last Fair Deal Gone Down and Dance Of The December Souls are awesome...but saying that so are the rest! I play the Guitar and my Favourite bands are Katatonia, Opeth, Bolt Thrower and Porcupine Tree.

Pete! said:
Hey, I'm Pete, I'm 17 and from the UK!
Katatonia, although I am a fairly new fan are one of my favourite bands. I don't have any particular favourite albums but Last Fair Deal Gone Down and Dance Of The December Souls are awesome...but saying that so are the rest! I play the Guitar and my Favourite bands are Katatonia, Opeth, Bolt Thrower and Porcupine Tree.

Welcome mate...make yourself at home:wave:

I'm omer, 18 years old from israel
ehh
alcohol is nice.. but I prefer the healthier choice! althought it's hardly the same

hey paradoxile, who you voting for?
:)

I don't drink at all. Never was drunk, and I'm 27 now. Alcohol is totally needless for my life, and I can't stand drunk people.
I'm playing in a band, too, and there's always plenty for free after the gig, but I don't care. But back to topic,

I'm Markus and know Katatonia since 1992 or 1993 but they really got my interest after I listened to "Discouraged Ones". I love everything since DO. Katatonia are a very special band to me. One of the bands who can differ what of there written material is good, and what is not.
Music in general is very important to me, and I'm playing piano a long time together with guitar, drums, vocals. Some of you may have heard Katatonia coversongs I did.
I'm writing music myself, from very soft stuff to Death Metal, everything that I like, and play in some bands. Two of them are signed (hooray!)
I'm studying sound engeneering, that's my second passion.
What else? Totally lovelorn at the moment, but the rest of my life is nice. :cry:

paradoxile said:
cool beard man...you look like a shahid(muslim suiside bomber)
but I still luv ya!:worship:

Erh... Beard? Not in my signature anyway.

ehm... this?
Image1.jpg

Ohh, I miss Wacken!

ira incensus said:
Hello! My name is Martin, i'm 28 years old and I live in Berlin.
...been listening to Katatonia since 1999, when Tonight's decision came out.
I love live gigs, yesterday I saw Pungent Stench & Eisregen. Fuckin' great :loco:
Hopefully Katatonia will come to Berlin soon.

Greetz
you say you are 28 yet it states quite clearly that you are a JUNIOR MEMBER!get your facts straight.:err:

The only thing I disapprove about Katatonia is the title of their 1st release. The rest is the best. Now enjoying 'DB' from the latest single. Sounds quite like A-HA and Jonas sings with beautiful, warm voice. Reminds me somewhat of 'day' from 'BMD'. I've felt similar then as now with 'dissolving bond'. Waiting for the album...

Best wishes to Katatonia creators and friends from TARWILKNIKMAR!

Dr Pepper said:
you say you are 28 yet it states quite clearly that you are a JUNIOR MEMBER!get your facts straight.:err:

ha ha!! dude, i think you should get your facts straight, Junior member means you havnt posted that much. It has nothing to do with age

Hi, I'm Mark. I'm 22 and live in Preston in England. Discovered Katatonia a year or so ago when I picked up a copy of LFDGD, been hooked ever since! I also like Anathema, Cult of Luna, The Cure, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Nine Inch Nails, Black Sabbath and Deftones.

Ait.
Well, Emil is my name, 23 years of age (jordsnurr in Swedish) and Avesta is my hometown. But since last autumn I live in the city of glass, Gävle.
I’ve been into Katatonia since ’98 and Discouraged Ones. Being introduced to the band by my mother in law. Hehe..

Got some really good experience of katatonia live shows, since I’ve seen them 6 times now..
(Fred’s birthday party @ Grand ’04 is my favorite of all time!!)
As many other in this forum I also play in a couple of bands.
’Bree a Lecohn’ is my little baby since ’99 or something and we developed a sound that’s mostly can be compared with bands like katatonia, a perfect circle etc.
I joined ’Amino’ 2 years ago as a keyboardist, but since this year – guitar.

beers and cheers!