Introduce yourself here

Hello, I'm Claire. 23 yr old female from Sydney, Australia :)
Been listening to Katatonia for a few years now and let's just say I've become quite the fan. I'm obsessed with Brave Murder Day, I think it's a clear standout.

Just to name some other bands that I'm into - The Fall Of Every Season, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Iced Earth, A Perfect Circle..and pretty anything & everything with some depth & decent guitar work.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.. I'll be hanging round. :headbang:

Welcome, that's nice bands you like, I'm sure you'll fit right in here

Welcome. Your username scares me.

Hello. I think you are the second Kiwi to post here.
I was thinking he took "Black Lodge" from the In Mourning song.

Been listening to Katatonia for a few years now and let's just say I've become quite the fan. I'm obsessed with Brave Murder Day, I think it's a clear standout.

Just to name some other bands that I'm into - The Fall Of Every Season, Devin Townsend, Opeth, Iced Earth, A Perfect Circle..and pretty anything & everything with some depth & decent guitar work.

You will fit in here just fine. DTB, APC, Opeth:worship:

Another Sydney-sider. Good shit! Katatonia has more fans here than I originally thought.

Hello all, ive been listening to katatonia for a while now and thought id join the forum.

Hello! :)

I'm a 20 year old guy from Finland (well, will be 20 in 5 days) and I have been listening to katatonia for 2 years now ^^ It's my favorite band and I can't wait to see it again in Kuopiorock this summer (in 2 weeks).

I'm not much into forums and stuff but I thought I would find some same-minded-people from here :lol: I wish happy summer to everyone!

Onewinged

Welcome Onewinged! Katatonia has one of the better and more friendly boards here. A lot of cool people. By the way, from your name I'm guessing your a FF7 fan? ;)

Thank you for the welcome ^^ and umm :p yeah, I do like FF7 :D (surprise) actually I'm a huge fan of the whole series. Played them since I were 6, tho I didn't understand the story back then so I played them all over again in later age. haha :)

-Onewinged

Hello everyone. Serious lurker here (and probably one of the many Opeth fans?).
I've been listening to Katatonia for about an year. The only whole album of theirs I have is Brave Murder Day (what I get for buying songs individually from iTunes), and albums I mostly have are Viva Emptiness and TCGD. I am in desperate need of LFDGD.
It's nice to hear that this is one of the better forums here...

Hello!

My name is Alexander. I am 18 years old and live in Märsta, Sweden. I've been listening to Katatonia since December 1st 2007, when I first heard Deliberation. Katatonia became my favorite band a few days after that.

I really like all their albums, but I feel like they grow better and better with each album. The first two albums aren't really my kind of music, but somehow i manage to like a few songs of them, too.

My interests are music and sports (mostly boxing). Other bands I listen to would be In Flames, Soilwork, Killswitch Engage, Digital Summer, Still Remains, All That Remains, Opeth, Deftones...

Found this forum yesterday, and it seems really nice :)

Thanks! :)

I can admit that I haven't really been giving the first two albums much of a chance. I like more than "a few" though, after thinking about it. Two songs from the first album and six songs from the second. Not that bad really.

Though I hate the fact that you have to listen to a song many many times before reaching climax, and when almost every song from the first two albums are longer than 6 minutes, it takes a lot of time. Same goes for Opeth, only that their songs are twice as long, hehe. But I will give them another chance soon! :)