Introduce yourselves!

I'm Bryan, from the dead center (almost) of Colorado. We're pretty devoid of metal.

I believe I heard about WOY a year or so ago now from an Iced Earth forum.

From the Miasma said:
Haha you got me!

Do you have a recording of this cover? I would love to hear it!

Sadly enough no, we learnt the song to use it at a special gig. 2x45 min, where the first 45 were our own songs, and the last 45 were covers. (Amon Amarth, Opeth, Non Serviam, Bolt Thrower, Dissection, Entombed, Edge of Sanity)

.:crast:.

From the Miasma said:
My name is Joel, and was From the Miasma on the SMN board. I'm originally from New Brunswick, Canada (right beside Nova Scotia, and only a Quebec away from Ontario) but am living in NY State at the moment!

I've got a solo metal band called From the Miasma!
were you from the north of New-Brunswick? I lived 30 minutes from Edmunston before moving to Quebec city

Hep!

I´m Kjeld, from Denmark (DG, you know me from msn). M27, mostly found at the Anthrax board (my user name means Anthrax in Danish), but lurking around from time to time.
Hope to go to Ontario (and most of Canada) sometime, I´ve only spent 3 weeks in and around Vancouver... :oops:

Actually my ultimate dream of a road trip is to fly to Quebec or somewhere in the east and then spend 2-3 months driving across and experience this beautiful country, and then spend a couple of weeks with the Canadian part of my family in Vancouver!

WoY has made 2 fucking great albums, and I can´t wait to get my hands on the next one!!!

AsModEe said:
were you from the north of New-Brunswick? I lived 30 minutes from Edmunston before moving to Quebec city

I'm actually from Fredericton, but I have family in Edmundston and a camp on Baker Lake! Where were you from? Were you closer to the Grand Falls side of Edmundston or the Quebec side?

I was on Quebec side, at about 15 minutes from the province limits, but I know a lot of people (girls mostly :D ) from Edmunston, because every 18 years old teenagers traveled from New Brunswick to go to our clubs.

My family has a countryhouse on Gerry Lake, which is very close to Baker Lake! I think my grand-pa actually knows some people who has camps on Baker Lake, but I'm not sure.

My name is Renegade and I've been a fan of WoY for a few months now. I usually post on the Revolver Magazine forum, and it was there that I first heard of this great band. I love both albums and I'm anxiously awaiting the new one in the Fall. I'm a sophomore at the University of Florida and love all kinds of metal and hard rock.

Here are just a few of the bands I'm currently listening to:

Katatonia
Opeth
Between the Buried and Me
Pig Destroyer
Enslaved
Bloodbath
Agalloch
Mastodon
In Flames

There are plenty more, but these are the last ones I listened to in my itunes.

Name's Wim, hailing from Flanders, the northern region of Belgium, which is that little spot in between France and The Netherlands, also bordering with Germany and that even smaller spot called Luxemburg.

As for the user name, I was hoping on going with just "verderf" which basically means "ruin" or "doom" in my mother tongue, but a fellow countryman already nicked that one at UM. It probably wouldn't be so unfortunate if he had actually posted some crap, haha.

I got here through the WoY (duh) site, which I think I stumbled upon through Novembers Doom, a Chicago based band I've been getting into quite a bit over the last few months since the band appears to be made up of a bunch of guys who got their act figured out and who know how to make a damn good bit of music. I was pleasantly surprised to see and hear WoY seems to be a similar act in that respect, but luckily just as original in its approach as ND is.

Furthermore, I've been getting back on track with a bit of forum activity after having stayed away from them for a while due to some pretty bad experiences, the same reason why I never enter chatrooms anymore. It's a known fact there are lots of freaks out there.
However (real life) friends got me to visit MySpace and I even made my own little page there after looking around for a bit and quite digging the metal corner, which reminds me of the old snail mail underground days, yet taken to a new and improved level. A faster and more efficient one, to say the least. It will all be a matter of staying focused on the somewhat mature people, weeding out childish Cyberheroes and other freak acts which are around in abundance.
MySpace is first of all a great place for me to get to know more obscure bands, anyway. I'm slightly getting into the more personal side of things here and there only because I've come across a few people displaying actual class and personality. I'd say that's encouraging and I hope to find that in a few forums (again) as well. This one seems to be on track, hence my joining.

I have a few odd things on my mind here, so I'll look around if there are threads I can lay an egg in or possibly open a couple of new ones if necessary.

Feels good to be here. That may not be very "black metal", but screw that.

David Gold said:
That's cool. We say lots of things that aren't very "black metal" around here.
Sounds good to me. Nice to find a bunch of grown-ups.

Then again, hold on... Aaaaaaaah! Sataaaaan! Kill kill kill! Total mass destruction and impale the bastard son on the inverted cross! :mad:

Evil enough? ;-)

Renegade46n2 said:
Today's my birthday. The big 2-0. Just one more year until the one that really matters.
Congrats. Next year is when the degeneration will set in. ;-D I know, it started with me a good bunch of years ago. :zombie:

Hey all.. I'm a musician fellow from Finland, been into metal since 12 yrs old. It has been a long time since I last discovered a new good band. In fact I was close to losing faith to metal, until now a few new discovers made it clear there there are still something truly worth a listen out there. The enormous amounts of feeling Wood of Ypres has is something I just love in music. Reflecting types of moods and athmosphere is just what good music is all about.

My favourite songs are A Meeting Time and Place from AtS and Shredding the Deadwood and The Ghost of Summers Past from Pursuit... Havings those songs in my player while walking home through a path in a forest in an gloomy evening just gives me the chills. That type of ambience probably pretty close to the moods of the original composer.

Thanks for the music, keep up the good work!