Introduce yourselves!

Hey, I'm Mark, I was Mark on the old forums. I don't have the internet anymore, so I won't post much *Tear* I play guitar, poorly, but I'm better than my friends, so oh well. Anyway, all hail metal, viking beards and Immortal videos.

This is a little late, but I'm Joe, I play guitar, I have 3 (2 crappy beggining ones and a Jackson Rhoads), I like metal, mostly black metal, but I am also into old-school metal. I live in Alberta (The worst possible city at that). I found out about WoY by a friend who lent me a CD and I haven't stopped listening to it (or given it back).

Hail to all. I am from Moscow, Russia. I like a lot of different kinds of metal, but mainly I listen to black metal and its mixtures with another styles. And of course, I am a fan of WoY. :kickass:

Internum Odium said:
Hail to all. I am from Moscow, Russia. I like a lot of different kinds of metal, but mainly I listen to black metal and its mixtures with another styles. And of course, I am a fan of WoY. :kickass:

Greetings Internum Odium,

It's always awesome to meet fans from Russia. :) Especially considering our disks aren't really available in stores over there. That should change in the near future though.

cheers :kickass:

Obsidiansound said:
Greetings Internum Odium,

It's always awesome to meet fans from Russia. :) Especially considering our disks aren't really available in stores over there. That should change in the near future though.

cheers :kickass:

Heh, thanks for a warm welcome. Your CD's are not available in my country, that's right, so I have only your mp3s - I hope, you won't blame me for that :rolleyes: Hope I'll get both CDs and your third album.
I am spreading Woods among my friends and they usually say "Great". I think that more people should know about such a perfect music :)

So, Russia is with you :headbang: :kickass:

So...I'm John and I hail from Western Canada, specifically a little town just on the north side of Edmonton. I actually came across WoY through someone mentioning them on the www.ign.com metal board 2 years ago and I finally came across these boards and noticed the WoY sub-forum. So, here I am.

As for music, I listen to a lot of different styles of metal, and a fair share of non-metal stuff, but to give you guys an idea, my favourite bands are Agalloch, Cult of Luna, Isis, Neurosis, Wolves in the Throneroom, Wolven Ancestry, etc.

Der Morgenstern said:
...to give you guys an idea, my favourite bands are Agalloch, Cult of Luna, Isis, Neurosis, Wolves in the Throneroom, Wolven Ancestry, etc.
Sounds nice. In fact, I just ordered "The Wrath of Gaia" off Wolven Ancestry the other day. It felt really underground sending out an envelope with money again, haha.

hi everyone, i'm matt from toronto. i decided to sign up here mainly because i wanted to ask questions about WoY merch, but i see there's sort of a little community thing here. so yeah, i might be joining in on some discussion! :D

anyways, i'm 15 years old (go to highschool), i play drums, guitar, and bass (not great at any of them due to lack of lessons) and listen to all kinds of music.

some of my favourite bands at the moment are agalloch, godspeed you! black emperor, isis, bob dylan, ulver, thergothon, my dying bride, dissection, ved buens ende, pink floyd, don caballero deathspell omega, ect.

I'm Matt, 18 from Australia.

I'm currently studying multimedia design and listen to a wide range of music.

At the moment i'm listening to a lot of folk/pagan metal (Pagan Reign, Alkonst, Aes Dana, Waylander etc), post-rock (SJ5, 65dos, gasgiant, Natsumen, té)
And two bands that never leave my top band list: Ulver and maudlin of the Well.

Trows said:

At the moment i'm listening to a lot of folk/pagan metal (Pagan Reign, Alkonst, Aes Dana, Waylander etc), post-rock (SJ5, 65dos, gasgiant, Natsumen, té)
Holy shit! My name is Matt and i am 18 too! Except i am from the u s of a:kickass:

Trows said:

Do you listen to Russian pagan and folk bands??? Great :headbang:

Btw, it's funny, I had some contact with one man from Brazil (it was in Soulseek), he was very interested in Russian heavy and power metal bands, so I advised him some good bands from Russia, which are famous only there :)

I've been lurking around this board for a while, posted a few times, and now that I see this thread thought I should introduce myself.

I discovered WoY through the Brave Board when some of the users there were making a big deal (with good reason as I came to find out) of "A Meeting Place And Time".

The Pursuit CD helped bring me and my wife together, and we're both eagerly looking forward to the new CD.

I'm originally from a small, very wooded community in Northern Ontario and I now reside in \m/oncton, NB. Listening to WoY often reminds me of my youth, the things that are, and the things that could have been.

Unlike many band forums, this one seems to have a great, tight-knit community feel to it and I look forward to getting to know y'all better.

Cheers!

-Hlidskjalf- said:
I'm Charlie. I live in British Columbia, orginally I am from Ontario. I play bass guitar, i've been playing for near 2 years or so now. I like alot of different genres of music, my favorites being mainly Black Metal, Drone and Dark Ambient.
I play bass as well sir, nice to meet you!

TheHeartCollector said:
Unlike many band forums, this one seems to have a great, tight-knit community feel to it and I look forward to getting to know y'all better.
Getting good vibes from you, man. From your entire post, but repeating the whole thing here is kind of pointless. Anyway, cheers from Flanders, Belgium.