Introduction thread

Hello I'm Dimitris,I'm 24 and I'm from Greece.This feels like a group therapy introduction actually but what the heck!

Well I love doing various stuff...like writing poems and stories(or at least I used to),reading various books mainly about medieval and byzantine history but also many other books about history,politics cultures etc,I also like fantasy stuff(D&D,books,movies,art)and well day-dreaming is a major hobby and then pc games and shopping.I also like learning or talking about various languages you know from the ones that sound cool...like arabic,spanish,turkish,japanese,finnish,swedish etc.

Oh in case you didn't fall asleep and you actually made it reading up to here this is my myspace address in case someone wants to see my ugly face.Used to have Battle Metal as profile song there but not now.

http://myspace.com/foinikas

Hullo! I'm Violet, AKA Lettuce. I've loved Turisas since Get in the Ring, and finally after a lot of persuasion from Mika, got round to joining! I'm 19, I live in South-West London, and I go to the London University of the Arts to study Special Effects. I love metal. And that's about it.

Lettuce! Fancy seeing you here old chum!

I still have very fond memories of you and raspberry vodka at Bulldog 06 :p (And doesn't Tri look like Stephen Gately? :lol:)

I'm Vikingess, aka Ellie, aka many other things. Saw Turisas at Download 07 and got a bit hooked on violin solos and suchlike. Bought TVW (DCut) but didn't listen to it for a shamefully long time. Did so, got hooked again and spent nearly a week dancing to Rasputin instead of working. Saw them in Northampton, spent most of the set in awe of a certain violinist on a mission. Battle Metal arrived - ordered three weeks before the gig(!) - sealed the deal. Officially hooked. Looked at the gig list on the 25th and nearly booked a flight to Vienna there and then just to shout KONSTANTINOPOLIS! again.

Now, you'll excuse me while I go play air violin to Sahti-Waari :cool:

Vikingess x

I'm Duncan, 18 years old from Edinburgh in Scotland. I saw Turisas open for Lordi in Glasgow in 06, then again when they toured last year and in Edinburgh this year. I like metal, Scottish history, Scots language stuff, ecclesiastical history and theology. Football, too.

Dunc

Air Violin-ing FTW:headbang:

Glad I'm not alone in that one, despite the closest I've come to a violin is a cello:p Right shape, wrong size!!

Welcome people:)

i've played the violin for about eight years but i sometimes wish i played the cello, such a gorgeous sound!
i can't play any turisas except for 'one more' and a bit of 'the land of hope and glory'...i'm trying to figure out sahti-waari but it's too fast to play by ear!

Air Violin-ing FTW:headbang:

Glad I'm not alone in that one, despite the closest I've come to a violin is a cello:p Right shape, wrong size!!

DAMN RIGHT!

I played the violin many, many years ago (haven't played for 14 years) but if there's anyone on earth that inspires me to relearn, it has to be Olli.

'Fast' doesn't come close.

'Inhuman' just about covers it.

Oh to be able to play 'Walking in the Air' on a violin again :lol:

DAMN RIGHT!

I played the violin many, many years ago (haven't played for 14 years) but if there's anyone on earth that inspires me to relearn, it has to be Olli.

'Fast' doesn't come close.

'Inhuman' just about covers it.

Oh to be able to play 'Walking in the Air' on a violin again :lol:

If you start on that inhuman business, he'll go off on one about Herman Li and guitar solo's and....nevermind, he does that without prompting!

I hated my cello teacher with a passion, especially after she mentioned that classical music and metal don't mix. Apparently telling someone to go fuck themselves isn't a good way to learn a musical instrument:rolleyes:

So yeah didn't get past more than the basics.....

Olli going off on one about Hermann Li and guitar solos is a bad thing why exactly? :p

I'll never forget him asking 'a little bit help' to send a message to 'the guitar wankers in the backstage' at Download '07. Still trying to work out if it was very brave or very stupid, given the number of very large guitarists at Download that day :lol:

Olli going off on one about Hermann Li and guitar solos is a bad thing why exactly? :p

I'll never forget him asking 'a little bit help' to send a message to 'the guitar wankers in the backstage' at Download '07. Still trying to work out if it was very brave or very stupid, given the number of very large guitarists at Download that day :lol:

haha well Herman finds the whole thing amusing. to be honest i think it'd be hard for ollie to offend anyone with his little speaches as he does it in a rather good natured way

i played violin as a kid, my biggest regret is giving it up :(

haha well Herman finds the whole thing amusing. to be honest i think it'd be hard for ollie to offend anyone with his little speaches as he does it in a rather good natured way

i played violin as a kid, my biggest regret is giving it up :(

I know he does...but you've gotta admit a rant like that takes guts on a stage that Machine Head and Slayer are going to be on in a few hours :p

I regret giving up the violin as well. Maybe we should buy a cheap violin each and nag Olli to start a "Relearning Violin" thread, sorta like 'this is B' and so on? :lol:

I know he does...but you've gotta admit a rant like that takes guts on a stage that Machine Head and Slayer are going to be on in a few hours :p

I regret giving up the violin as well. Maybe we should buy a cheap violin each and nag Olli to start a "Relearning Violin" thread, sorta like 'this is B' and so on? :lol:

well that is true

hahaha oh we should so do that!!!!!
i've still actually got my old violin, it's tiny, it's so cute!!!

Didn't say he had to post, just that he'll be involved...

"Olli's Violin Lesson Thread"

"He'll post in it one day...honest!"

;)

Might be an idea to wait 'til I've got a violin actually.

Need to go and try a few out, seeing as I've never needed a fullsize of any instrument except the triangle :rolleyes: