Introduction thread

Yeah, that's what these Turisas people do to you. There must be something going on. The first time I listened to them, I almost ended up booking airplane tickets to Holmgard so I can join the rest of the troops.

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Ahaha yeah, they surely are catchy :p

Whats' up, names is Mike been a fan of Turisas for a year and a half now. Read an article about paganfest and the bands, saw Warlord and was like I have to check out these guys. Been a fan of metal for a long time now, and I listen to other stuff. Waiting and hoping to hear of Turisas doing a tour throughout the US. Love to see them in concert.

Hello everyone,
I've been lurking around for quite a while now, so I thought it'd be a good idea to finally join!
My name is Erik and I'm a Dutch Turisas fan for about 2 and a half years now. I absolutely love their music and really enjoyed the Finnish Summer with Turisas DVD. Sadly I still haven't seen them live yet, but I hope to change that this year! And of course I can't wait for the new album.
Nice meeting y'all!

heeeeelp, another dutch fan, the invasion goes on ;))
nah, just kidding, welcome on here Erik :D

@Mike
welcome around, enjoy your time on here ;)

One more from Finland.
So I thought it was about time I 'd join the forums.
I'm relatively new to Turisas, but have been listening to their music and seeing gigs quite intensively since I "discovered" them. My first live experience of Turisas was summer 2008, and have been quite hooked since then. Before that I knew that they existed and had heard some songs, but it war the live show that really got me into being a fan.

So... What I like to do is for example to photograph at gigs... I also like to draw and paint, and sometimes it's even Turisas related! ;D My "Turisas-art" can be seen at the fan section of their website, but also here, along with everything else and some photos as well: dragonsoul2.deviantart.com

And all the photos including other bands than Turisas are kept here.

That's it for now then...
Cheers. :)

@Kele
welcome :D I really really like your drawings :) so to say about your photos (esp. the ones of Marco XD XD) :)
have you been in the photopit at Ankkarock last year or been photographing from the crowd?

@susieoh
welcome back I should say then :)

Thanks Cari.
All my pics are taken from the crowd. Don't have a chance to get a photopass. :p And wnt to be in the crowd, front row FTW!

cool :)
i am still thinking about if I saw you at Ankkarock, could have been like that XD that´s why I asked XD

Very much possible. ;) A quite short, black haired girl, with a camera constantly in her hands, annoying the rest by singing along in every single song... that's me. x)

welcome :D

@kele
standing in the photopit and singing along is even more weird I think XD

I haven't posted in here yet...

Mid twenties bloke from Scotland and found that my clan is descended, a thousand years ago, from Vikings/Norsemen. Lovely! Vikings on one side and Highlanders on the other.

Been a Turisas fan for about 4 years since seeing them support Lordi in Glasgow. Loved them even more when TVW came out and can't wait to see what Warlord has conjured up next.