Introduction thread

Guess I violated the rules by making one post prior to introduction. Oh well, you all will just have to deal with it! ;)

Anyway, the username is obvious and my real name is Josh. Long time poster dedicated to the Finntroll forum(username=Fenrir), and decided it was about damn time I got on the Turisas forum.

Short bio: I have been playing drums since 2000, I am close to completing a Bachelors Degree in History at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA, and obviously I love great metal, hence my joining yet another wonderful forum. I only beg one thing...do not think that I am just an average American. I appreciate and deeply respect other cultures, languages, and any history I can absorb. So, greetings to all and I am looking forward to cultivating some great relationships with everyone. Cheers!

Hello hello and welcome Josh :D
welcome in our small group of still active ones on here ;))

Yo DBK,

Welcome to the Bestest Forum to ever exist on the Internet! I believe it was made mandatory for drummers to post a photo of their kit :p

cheers,
wm_crash, the friendly hooligan

Yo DBK,

Welcome to the Bestest Forum to ever exist on the Internet! I believe it was made mandatory for drummers to post a photo of their kit :p

cheers,

You will have to give me a few weeks. I am currently without drums, long story, but will be getting an electronic kit after Christmas and an acoustic kit sometime after that. Nevertheless, I will post pics. :headbang:

Fair enough. Here is my set:

DSC03385.jpg

If I only had the skillz to go with it. School and work have been getting in the way, but 2011 will be different.

I also have a small stave shell project that's been dragging for over a year . . . did I mention 2011 will be different?
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t249/wm_crash/drumbuild/phase2/IMG_1447.jpg

cheers,

Welcome! Happy to see more Americans that are into Finnish metal!

Good, here's one more :)

Hey everyone. I haven't joined a music forum in a long time, but Cari asked so nicely in the Varangian Guard post on FB that I'm doing it.

My name's Nicole, I'm from Melbourne, but the one in Central Florida, US. I'm 25, and I'll probably go back and finish up that English degree once my kid gets a little older. Right now I do a lot of my own writing, reading (history/science nonfiction nerd), art, and run two music blogs on Tumblr, both of which I tend to use to promote Turisas (one more so than the other, ha).

Can't wait to be more active on here, though! Very excited to talk to some fellow fans.

welcome Nicole ;)

What kind of stuff are you writing, if I may ask?
:D

The last thing I wrote (am continuing to write, actually) was for NaNoWriMo. It's a sort of online thing where they challenge you to write 50,000 words in the month of November:eek: I did it, still not done, ha. It's a weird mix of dystopian 1984-esque stuff and me fooling around with Judeo-Christian mythology. I know it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but I think it works. I'd love to write some historical fiction some day, but the research...need more time.

I'm starting to get some stuff ready for the blogs I run though, just in terms of show/album reviews and such. (It's called meanwhile, in finland but I don't really discriminate) I used to do a lot more of that, and I really enjoyed it. So we'll see. Some very good shows/albums coming up in 2011 as you know. :)

Sounds cool :D
Would love to read it (I am also writing, partly fictional stories with real life experiences but mostly poetry) :D

Yeah, I saw your blog(s) :D
haha indeed there is at least one very good album coming I´d say *laughing*

@wm_crash: Nice kit. I am shopping around, but I don't know if I will get one as nice as that because I plan on triggering. Loading it in & out of a car for shows always brings bumps and scratches, even with cases.

@kele: I promote Finnish metal constantly. Shame on anyone who doesn't like it. ;)

@Arsonic: Nice to see a fellow history lover. Graduating with a Bachelors in History, Dec. 2011...and I will be 29!!! So, you have plenty of time to get that degree. Don't quit! ;) Wish I could finish just one writing project. I spend too much time editing and keep trashing everything before I make any real progress.

I am GreatCthulhu, currently residing in the howling wastes of Brooklyn New York. By day I work on Wall Street (bonds and foreign exchange), by night I write historical novels about the English Civil War (first to be published late next year I hope) and write/record music for my own doom/folk band, The Django Horror. I fanatically love Turisas, other favorite metal band is the mighty Mastodon of Atlanta, Georgia. Seeing Turisas in March here in NY, with Cradle of Filth (who I won't stick around for, the vampire thing's silly), also seeing Enisferum in NY in the spring (don't recall the date but I am going). Bagpipes/accordions/violins over facemelting riffage, it can't be fccking beat, Hails and greetings one and all!