Introduction thread

So you are one of those who ruined our financial system? j/k ;) It was ruined long ago.

Greetings and welcome. I will actually be visiting NYC for the first time the week of January 3rd. You should fill me in on where any good local metal bands play there. I would like to see at least one decent show while in the big apple.

Welcome around :D

You have a quite interesting work-freetime-combination...I just have to say this *laughing* :D

LOL DblBass -- no, twasn't us! it was the Federal government, ie Community Reinvestment Act of '77 plus the push to maximum home ownership via the Freddie Mac/Fannie Mae ponzi scheme plus Alan Greenspan's ultra-low interest rates for too long post 9/11! Yeah, there's good venues, mainly in Brooklyn now (Williamsburg and Gowanus) -- will send details later.

Hails, Kele -- I was in your wonderful country once, many many moons ago. Hope to return one day!

Buenas, my name is Constanza I'm 21 years old and I'm from Valparaíso, Chile. For those who doesn't know where this country is, it's located in Southamercia.
And the only thing I want is to see Turisas in my country.
eeer...I don't know what else I should say :p

Welcome!
I was the one who recruited you at Deviantart. ;)

Bring South America on the Turisas gig-list! Tell that there are fans there too! :D

...oh well, time to join the bandwagon.

Well hi there. Name is Lene (or at least that's what everyone call me), 18 candles on the latest b-day cake. In general; easy-going, ex-smoker, still-drinker, rather small but definitely too loud young lady from Finland. Can't define the exact place, since I'm nearly always in the train and live in three different towns at the moment. That's what studying does to you; I'm finishing my studies in audiovisual communications (hopefully) this spring and going to continue from that with photography, and probably some music and media management studies later on.

On my free time (if I for some reason happen to have it) I work and shoot gigs at Rytmikorjaamo-club, Seinäjoki, and draw and paint thingies. I'm way too fond of caffeine, procrastinating and annoyingly long rants, and I always have an opinion to everything, usually a loud one. Besides that, I like reading history/mythology-related and fantasy books and articles, sleeping, Macs and Nikon cameras, art and art history, movies (no matter with the genre), good food and beer, and - obviously - metal, mostly Finnish. Though I'm more of a music fan in general, I just happen to prefer metal; I've practically lived and breathed music all my life, thanks to my folks, and I've sang before I even learnt to speak (and that's why people are usually telling me to shut up).

Gee, I begin to wonder if I really like talking about myself this much..? Distracting. Anyway, I'll stick around and let's see what happens.

welcome around :)
haha come and study Music and Media Management in Jyväskylä, join the freaks like me ;)

Thankies!

Haha, I've actually been thinking about that, since from what I know it's the only place in Finland one can study it in English :lol: At first I thought about studying it in Seinäjoki in Finnish (too much friends, Provinssirock and Rytmikorjaamo), but I need to think about it again. Well, I still have at least one year to think, in case I stay here with photography studies ;)

I'll consider about it, for sure :D Good that I know a lot of people there already. Speaking which, you know a band called Frosttide?

Well, they're a folk metal band from J-kylä, I shot most of their promo pics last summer, should have a new shoot with 'em soon since they're working with new material and so. Their first ep sounds quite like early Ensiferum, but the new stuff is way more original and epic, can't wait to hear the recorded versions instead of midis :D

Hello there. I'm Gosalyn, but my real name is Suvi, which is in Finnish an old, poetic word for Summer. I'm from Espoo, Finland. I'm already 28 years old, but I have a feeling I still haven't become an adult, not entirely. At least if you look at my hobbies: I play rpg, do fencing, collect swords and knives, love to dress up to strange events and am the chairman of the Assassins of Helsinki University... I don't drink much, but when I do, it has to be decent Scottish Single Malt Whisky, preferably from the Islay area.

In one month I should be graduating from the Finnish Academy of Fine Arts where I have been studying the Master degree of site and situation specific arts for the last 5,5 years. My department in the Academy is called Time And Space Arts, which makes me claim that I will become "Master of Time And Space". Sounds epic enough, right?

To earn money, I work in the biggest and most peculiar shoe store in the center of Helsinki, which sells New Rocks and other great rock & goth style shoes, so it's a place where you bump into some heavy metal musicians every once in a while. Great place to work, that is!

I like all kind of music, from melodic metal to musicals, from ABBA to opera. My all time favourite band has been Sonata Arctica, but lately I have had to admit that Turisas has stolen their place. I saw Turisas live first time in Tuska Open Air Metal Festival in 2002 or 2003, before Battle Metal was even published, and was excited about them right away. It wasn't until The Varangian Way that I completely lost my heart to them, and now I have seen some 12 of their gigs and feel that they have become better each time.

On Monday one week ago I was at work, still feeling a bit carried away after the great Turisas gig in Helsinki on Saturday. As I was helping some other customer, I noticed that there was a guy with long hair also looking at some boots. I didn't take a good look at him before he came to ask me something, and then I realized it was Warlord Nygård himself! I went completely nuts. After that encounter, though it only lasted for some 15 minutes, I have been in a total Turisas fever. And that is why I now joined this forum as well. It was about time!

welcome around :D
it´s nice to see more and more Finns around (no, I am not, "just" live here XD) :D

THe stuff you´re studying sounds interesting, not even mentioning that this title would sound more than epic *laughing*

Which store is it? So I know where to run into next time I need shoes and happen to be in Helsinki^^

Sorry but this mathias-buying-shoes-story just cracked me up, I am having a good laugh to be honest...the world (especially Finland, and Helsinki in particular) is small :D
So it´s all Mathias´ "fault" that you´re here, good to know ;))

welcome around :D
it´s nice to see more and more Finns around (no, I am not, "just" live here XD) :D

THe stuff you´re studying sounds interesting, not even mentioning that this title would sound more than epic *laughing*

Which store is it? So I know where to run into next time I need shoes and happen to be in Helsinki^^

Sorry but this mathias-buying-shoes-story just cracked me up, I am having a good laugh to be honest...the world (especially Finland, and Helsinki in particular) is small :D
So it´s all Mathias´ "fault" that you´re here, good to know ;))
Thank you for making me feel welcome! It's fine with me if my story makes you laugh... It also made my friends envious :p But the store I'm working in is called Kenkämarski. We have all kinds of shoes there, and the rock & goth style is just one speciality, so it's not entirely about that. Mathias didn't actually buy anything, he just tried on some boots, but didn't find anything just right. (Now afterwards, when some other customers have wanted to try on the same pair, I have felt very reluctant about it, wanting to proclaim that they are sacred and no one's to touch anymore! :lol:)

If you're interested in my studies and my art, below is my website address, where you can get a glimpse of what I do. It's mostly in Finnish though, sorry... http://suvinurmi.webs.com