• Yes

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
Anyone who has been following my epic battle with Uneasy Conscience will know what this is about. Remember to vote.

It is, arising from a length argument that you can find in the "LINKS TO "DISCONNECTED" AND "MIRROR'S TRUTH"" thread.

Well, they no longer primarily play melodeath, but they still retain some of their early melodeath aspects.

In short, they are "sort of" still melodeath. But since "sort of" doesn't mean "nothing", I'll say yes.

But does that make them metalcore? No.

I think people are too busy comparing Anders to understand the music. Hell, there's even some form blast beats in Eraser which is definitely a death metal attribute. And they contain tons of melody.

????

PROFIT!!!

Still, where are the multiple melodic guitar tracks? The vocals sucks and the guitar parts arent the same at all, even if there's still melodies.

I know what you mean. I'm just glad the melody in the guitars is still there, even if it's not TJR style. It sounds different because on TJR they had 2 leads going and a rhythm guitar playing all at the same time, so it sounded really cool and with new In Flames, they're trying to make songs for replicating live.