Is In Flames still melodeath?

Is In Flames Melodeath?

• Yes

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters
They sound like the metalcore bands that copied them now. Hence, they're not melodeath, nowhere near it, probably bordering upon metalcore themselves.

dawns is just a term for awsome .pimp the shit, bad ass , ballin . and fucking rockin all in one super word lol

Dude, do u even know what melodic death metal is ? OK first of all i`ll copy paste the definition of melodic death from wikipedia ( srry for not having copyright :p )

Melodic death metal (also referred to as melodeath) is a subgenre of death metal. Some bands have formed their own brand, dubbed Gothenburg metal[1] named for the region it originated in. Originally the genre combined the harmony style and groove melodies of heavy metal with the harsh thrashing sound and vocals of death metal. Later the genre evolved due to many different influences, a notable evolution in the genre being the addition of keyboards.

And guess what. Why do u call it death metal ? Cuz especialy the vocal sing about love and death.

there is a PROPER form of melodic death metal, the way it was meant to be played.
No there isn't. Are you fucking retarded? "The way it was meant to be played?" By who? Moron.
Besides which, IF kinda pioneered melodic death metal alongside DT and ATG. ATG is gone. If anyone gets to say how melodic death metal ought to be played, it's IF and DT. So let's not be total retards here.
they're melodic deathcore, everyone's fucking wrong
Fail.

o_O I´m afraid I don´t quite follow you there.

Also, wikipedia doesn´t = god
I don't follow that logic either, tbh.
However, that wikipedia definition is accurate.

No there isn't. Are you fucking retarded? "The way it was meant to be played?" By who? Moron.
Besides which, IF kinda pioneered melodic death metal alongside DT and ATG. ATG is gone. If anyone gets to say how melodic death metal ought to be played, it's IF and DT. So let's not be total retards here.

Fail.

At the gates,In flames and Dark tranquillity were one of the first melodic death metal bands, but ever heard of Sentenced and Carcass? they play melodic death metal too, and they were one of the firs melodic death metal bands aswell.So don't tell us that melodic death metal should be played like IF and Dt did.

I don't think In Flames have played real Melodeath since Whoracle. I'd argue Colony onwards is simply heavy metal, because it's a pretty drastic change in style. DT have kinda moved in and out of the melodeath genre but are currently there with Character and Fiction. In Flames now are definately not melodic death metal, again, I'd be inclined just to call them heavy metal at this point, same with Soilwork.

IMO they drifted a lot from their original sound, and that takes a toll. They haven't been melodic death metal, but it sounds like they're starting to get back their mojo. I see ASOP as kind of giving us some hope after CC, that they could start getting back into their groove.

Who cares what they are.

They're In Flames, and I don't think any one band sounds exactly like them right now.

Not the point.

The point is pride. Me vs Uneasy_Conscience, laying it all on the line. So please vote yes.

There's nothing "death metal" about them anymore. Absolutely nothing. And for the last few albums up until this brand new one, they were barely melodic anymore too. They were just another band doing muddy-sounding heavy crap.

So no, they're not melodic death anymore. This isn't even up for debate really. Anybody who votes yes really has no grasp of what melodic death metal is.

There's nothing "death metal" about them anymore. Absolutely nothing. And for the last few albums up until this brand new one, they were barely melodic anymore too. They were just another band doing muddy-sounding heavy crap.

So no, they're not melodic death anymore. This isn't even up for debate really. Anybody who votes yes really has no grasp of what melodic death metal is.
Agreed.

New In Flames sounds like an average American metalcore/emo band, which makes me :puke:

I would classify them as an average to above average metalcore band now and would submit to you that if they had changed their name post Reroute to Remain no-one would be having this argument.:)