Is In Flames still melodeath?

Is In Flames Melodeath?

• Yes

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters
if you compare in flames now to their old albums or to "real" melodic death metal bands you should see a big difference in the style of the riffs as well as the singing. if you don't i'm sorry for you
just my opinion
Äntrve

Äntrve;7057626 said:
if you compare in flames now to their old albums or to "real" melodic death metal bands you should see a big difference in the style of the riffs as well as the singing. if you don't i'm sorry for you
just my opinion
Äntrve

I hear a big difference ofcourse, in riffs and vocals, but in my opinion the new in flames is much closer to metalcore then melodic death metal,ah well, it's my opinion after all.

holy shit, haha update:

new audio samples of the entire album are available and let me say theyre just absolutely a joke. these songs are so incredibly boring in every way. theyre devoid of any melody whatsoever, the lyrics are a joke, anders also sounds worse than ever. he sounds so uninspired. remember how tormented and pained he sounded on songs like coerced coexistence? man, and these are easily the weakest riffs the band has come up with.

FUCKING JOKE OF AN ALBUM.

i voted no for sure but il say new in flames is dawns. Its not like there old stuff but i wouldnt call it selling out cuz it sounds fucking awsome. i dont care i got pumped from leetches. and its not like they went to pop or anything clean vocals with harmonies and screaming sounds hecktic i dont give a fack. to me this is the way i see it. when you do a few albums with with the same style the desire to play the same music after decreases plus your taste in music changes and seeing how only one member is a complete original his style and preference for what sounds good has probebly changed as well im not surprised for the turn around in sound but its not bad and i think its original. plus anders friden is sick rock the fuck on

I hear a big difference ofcourse, in riffs and vocals, but in my opinion the new in flames is much closer to metalcore then melodic death metal,ah well, it's my opinion after all.

that's exactly the same what i wanted to say with my post. in flames aren't melodic death metal anymore... sad but true :cry:

Just go away. Honestly, do you even like the band?

i actually have to say that i don't like the band's new stuff, but i still listen to the old albums when they still did melo death. why can't you accept that in flames is not melo death anymore, i mean why is it so important to you that in flames are melo death?
i mean if you like the band it doesn't really matter which genre they are, the main thing is that you like the music and being metalcore shouldn't make the band worse for you...
Äntrve

Äntrve;7060137 said:
that's exactly the same what i wanted to say with my post. in flames aren't melodic death metal anymore... sad but true :cry:

i actually have to say that i don't like the band's new stuff, but i still listen to the old albums when they still did melo death. why can't you accept that in flames is not melo death anymore, i mean why is it so important to you that in flames are melo death?
i mean if you like the band it doesn't really matter which genre they are, the main thing is that you like the music and being metalcore shouldn't make the band worse for you...
Äntrve

Oh, sorry haha,i thought you were against my opinion, yeah sad but true. :erk:

i voted no for sure but il say new in flames is dawns. Its not like there old stuff but i wouldnt call it selling out cuz it sounds fucking awsome. i dont care i got pumped from leetches. and its not like they went to pop or anything clean vocals with harmonies and screaming sounds hecktic i dont give a fack. to me this is the way i see it. when you do a few albums with with the same style the desire to play the same music after decreases plus your taste in music changes and seeing how only one member is a complete original his style and preference for what sounds good has probebly changed as well im not surprised for the turn around in sound but its not bad and i think its original. plus anders friden is sick rock the fuck on
New In Flames is dawns.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT MEAN?

i like the old material. i thought you knew that, dipshit.
Then why do you post in threads about the new material? And now I'm obliged to end this post with an unnecessary personal attack, asswipe.

well subtract hotknifinghash's vote. he gets disqualified for his horrible grammar.
Inclined to agree.

Äntrve;7060137 said:
i mean why is it so important to you that in flames are melo death?
It's a matter of pride - Uneasy Conscience and I are locked in an epic battle. Unfortunately, neither of us has ever achieved more than a margin of 2 votes, which isn't really enough for a definitive answer.

Äntrve
They definitely aren't metalcore. Having been subjected to way too many boring metalcore shows (there's at least 2 metalcore bands tacked on to every decent US tour), I can tell you they aren't metalcore at all.
Also...please. Not another asshole who signs all his posts, as if we couldn't see his username.

ok this will be my last post on the subject - i think the point has been made by BOTH sides....and i am far too old and have far too much to do in my life than participate anymore in this seemingly endless argument.

the bottom line, no matter what anyone else says, is that there is a PROPER form of melodic death metal, the way it was meant to be played. i have pointed to bands in past posts that play this style and keep things real. new in flames (anything after clayman) is NOT what i consider "proper" melodic death metal.

if you have some weird, new definition of melodeath that includes any "heavy" music that has catchy vocal choruses, very weak and uninspired guitar work and strict pop metal arrangements, then fine. according to you in flames play melodic death metal.

there.