Is Opeth the only Death Metal band you like?

And what makes you think the old guys deserve more respect? Are you used to lick their balls? Such a childish mind....

If I don't know any other band that combines growl vocals and clean vocals, means that my knowledge in Death Metal is shallower. But you can't affirm that in general.

But you probably think this way:

"Oh, I know more bands than you, I have more knowledge. I am a better person."

Indeed I am. And obviously it was related to death metal, since you opened a thread about it. Oh, and please, take some english lessons, since you clearly have problems reading what I write, apart from having very little (next to none, actually) intuition and wits.
I won't bother answering you, the other guys here are being much more polite and kind than what they should be.

actually it's the thing with the special olympics:)

And why so aggressive about somebody telling you that you don't know much about a genre of music. It's an opinion in a fucking band forum :lol:

In fact, the first time I heard Opeth was in 2001. Blackwater Park. I hated it, because I had a prejudice against growl vocals. But years after I tried again. It was hard, but now I love the band. And it is the only band with growls I can listen to.

This is my story, as well, except I gave them a try around 2002-2003. Didn't really "get" them until Ghost Reveries. And yes they are the only ones I listen to.

Not exactly replying to the original post, bu still: I got into Opeth around the time when Blackwater Park was released.
I was very much into heavy metal, but didn't like the growling vocals at all. In fact they pulled me off.

Backwater Park however changed my whole perspective on this. The music really intrigued me and the more I listened the more I got to appreciate this peculiar (to say the least) vocal delivery.

Now I very much like these vocals when the instrumental music that accompanies them is of great quality - made me discover a lot of great music/bands over the years.

im ashamed to say atm opeth are closer to being the only clean vocals band i listen to than the only growl-including one

neg

gorguts, negativa, morbid angel, nile, behemoth, early katatonia, cynic, death, anata, dark tranquility, arsis, quo vadis, bloodbath, carcass, napalm death etc etc etc

As long as their vocalist doesn't sound like they are croaking on a cock and their other instrumentalists can actually play the instrument instead of jabbing on it like a crackwhore on speed, then yes, I do like Death Metal, preferrably melodic death or progressive death though. Not too much a fan of the other short crappy blast beats every song.

opeth is the first death metal band and I think the only one I will like however I am appreciating death metal a little more now. I like Opeth because they are mostly progressive and not just a death metal band

I think it is a common misconception for people to think Opeth has more than a little to do with death metal. The growls are obviously death growls, the riffs mostly don't have much to do with the genre, with exceptions of course (Heir apparrent...).
Also yeah I listen to death metal, only very few melodeath though like Dark Tranquility, often melodeath is just a little too gay for me. Proper ruaarr death metal with blood guts and gore and mockin da cross is awesome though.

I like it when it's like... how to describe...
"death metal with a purpose" rather than "death metal for the sake of being death metal"

very poor explanation, but that's how I differentiate death metal bands I like and don't like.

Yes,Opeth is not Death Metal.

If you listen to Opeth with a thought of "listening to Death Metal",yes,you can get bored with Morbid Angel etc...but Morbid Angel is truly Death Metal,one of the forefathers of the genre,Opeth is only influenced from Morbid Angel and various Death Metal bands.Growling cannot make a band Death Metal.Take a closer look to Opeth's riffs,most of them are not in Death Metal vein.