Is there a band that makes u think you're the only one who really likes it??

Ascendecy wasnt bad? I wonder what you call bad :S

It sucks so hard I am kinda surprised people love that album.. (j/king anyone can love anything, my opinion your opinion his/her/its opinion deadend)

I only like 2 songs from Ascendancy. The screaming on that album sounds a little monotone. Shogun screaming sounds very varied and almost growl-like at times.

And to add to the thread, I also listen to a great Industrial Metal band called A Dark Halo. It's too bad they've only made one album back in 2005.

Ya power metal and prog metal both just kinda annoy me a little. It's really weird that I can take any black/death metal but those attempting-to-be-epic clean vocals just bug me. A lot of good riffs from bands like Iced Earth but the tendency to wank is also annoying. It's mostly the vocals that get me though.

tbh i hate the new riverside but ive heard lots of people love it. i listened to scott walker a couple of times, i think i had the drift or something, didnt really do much for me. might go back to it sometime. on here i feel like im the only one who likes john mayer :gay:

tbh i hate the new riverside but ive heard lots of people love it. i listened to scott walker a couple of times, i think i had the drift or something, didnt really do much for me. might go back to it sometime. on here i feel like im the only one who likes john mayer :gay:

Do you like John Mayer as much as this girl?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prong (saw these play last week in Nottingham and only 100 people turned up) - so underrated
Krux (Fredricks other band) - i love these guys

I've been listening to the first 4 of those bands for quite a while now, and really loving them, especially riverside, and i was reading a review of earth about a day ago, so i think it's safe that i'll like it if the rest of your list is anything to go by... i'll get it anyway ;)

I'm gonna add:
Shadowfax
Hadley Hockensmith
Richard Souther
Bass Communion
Indukti
Lustmord
Raison D'etre
Ozric tentacles
Pan.Thy.Monium
Subway mirror

Quantic
Steve Hillage
Neu

I see you have looked into Dan Swano's other projects besides Edge of Sanity and Nightingale. Nice :)

Also, Ozric Tentacles Spirals In Hyperspace was pretty good, although I never pursued listening to their other stuff.

In real life, (atleast atm)

Subway to sally

I quess that's it, and I don't think even that lasts long,
some of them hate power metal, some hate death metal, some hate prog stuff, some like none.

Oh yeah, I think I might be the only one who listens to Timo Tolkki, but I quess half of my friends would like his stuff.

I'm the only one who listens to Vanishing point, but that's because I haven't really spread it.

I might be the only one who likes Yes, some hate them because it's not metal, one because of the singer. :lol:

None of my "closest" friends likes Ayreon, either because of the strange instruments, because of long songs...or basically because of anything.

I'm the only one who listens to Death, Bloodbath and Catamenia because others don't know about them.

Oh yeah, I'm the only one who likes Ensiferum.:cool: (except that one friend of mine propably haven't heard of them.)

I see you have looked into Dan Swano's other projects besides Edge of Sanity and Nightingale. Nice :)

Also, Ozric Tentacles Spirals In Hyperspace was pretty good, although I never pursued listening to their other stuff.

tbh, i don't like all of ozric tentacles' stuff, but some of it is great.
and, it's good to hear that someone else appreciates the work of Mr Swano. since i posted that i got Karaboudjan and i'm tracking down Odessey!