It would appear I am being fired from Royal Carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayKeeley said:
We're not like UM with a huge team of writers plugging away. I think sites like UM are necessary, someone somewhere on the web will have written a review for a crappy release. You'll find that RC will now just be a little more selective.

Huge team? :loco: We have around six regular contributors. :p

That said, I can see where you're coming from with the new approach. I've always thought it's very important to review shit, just to warn others off buying it. The more comprehensive you can be, the better, I've always figured, as your job as a reviewer is to let people know about everything, the good and the bad. But in balance to that, it doesn't pay, it isn't a job, and as such it's also pretty cool to just review stuff you want to, the route you're taking now :) Both approaches are necessary, and I shall certainly continue to read your reviews with interest, as it's likely I'll find a lot of cool stuff by doing so :cool:

Apart from Adrain's, LOLZ :p

JayKeeley said:
Josh - seriously man, you can continue to say anything you want. Just keep going. It doesn't negate anything that I've said all that I wanted to say in my closing e-mail above about how much effort I've put into RC since I built it.

So really, carry on, keep digging.

Re: Cary, yes, apologies to him, I knew there was someone I had missed! He's still relatively new, and I don't really know him that well so....

Also, what's your point about the original staff writers not being around? I don't get it. I mean, Gugs quit because he couldn't stand you -- I thought everyone knew that? That's why I felt bad for staying neutral, I stayed in your corner when you pissed of Gugs, Jason, NAD, etc.

Anyway, carry on, because I know this is what you'll keep doing. Going on and on and on...

Really? I knew me and Gugs argued, but I didn't know I had the power to make him quit!! I feel so strong now. And I can't say that i recall you standing in my corner for anything, but perhaps that was because ya'll were obviously talking behind my back. You're very good at that.....

I wonder what Adam's perspective is on what really went down at AA.... becasue I got yours back in the day, and looking at what's going on right now... it makes me wonder.

Go on and on??? I'll filibuster this bitch!!

Russell said:
Huge team? :loco: We have around six regular contributors. :p

Hey, well it's all relative. :loco:

That said, I can see where you're coming from with the new approach. I've always thought it's very important to review shit, just to warn others off buying it. The more comprehensive you can be, the better, I've always figured, as your job as a reviewer is to let people know about everything, the good and the bad. But in balance to that, it doesn't pay, it isn't a job, and as such it's also pretty cool to just review stuff you want to, the route you're taking now :) Both approaches are necessary, and I shall certainly continue to read your reviews with interest, as it's likely I'll find a lot of cool stuff by doing so :cool:

That's exactly it. I'm not obligated to anyone because I refuse to whore ourselves out. RC is for us first and foremost, it's our hobby. It has nothing to do with being relevant to the scene :lol: , it's about us enjoying what we do, and if that means writing about an album that everybody already owns, or something that was only given 50 pressings in Lithuania, then so be it!

People have to get this: We don't exchange links (certainly not anymore) to drive traffic, we don't sell ad space, we don't hand out flyers at shows, fuck all that shit.

By the way, London trip this autumn my man. Beer time at Imperial, woot?

Papa Josh said:
Really? I knew me and Gugs argued, but I didn't know I had the power to make him quit!! I feel so strong now. And I can't say that i recall you standing in my corner for anything, but perhaps that was because ya'll were obviously talking behind my back. You're very good at that.....

I wonder what Adam's perspective is on what really went down at AA.... becasue I got yours back in the day, and looking at what's going on right now... it makes me wonder.

Go on and on??? I'll filibuster this bitch!!

Josh - two words:

PARANOID and SCHIZOPHRENIA.

You are doing nothing but reaffirming why you're no longer a part of this group, don't you get it?

JayKeeley said:
Hey, well it's all relative. :loco:

That's exactly it. I'm not obligated to anyone because I refuse to whore ourselves out. RC is for us first and foremost, it's our hobby. It has nothing to do with being relevant to the scene :lol: , it's about us enjoying what we do, and if that means writing about an album that everybody already owns, or something that was only given 50 pressings in Lithuania, then so be it!

People have to get this: We don't exchange links (certainly not anymore) to drive traffic, we don't sell ad space, we don't hand out flyers at shows, fuck all that shit.

You keep saying us, we, our, etc. When it should be I, me, mine, etc. There is no I in team, but there sure is a ME in there, I guess.

You've NOW made it abundantly clear that it was not a team and that everyone was just a volunteer of Ali's Royal Carnage.

JayKeeley said:
I'm not obligated to anyone because I refuse to whore ourselves out. RC is for us first and foremost, it's our hobby.

Agree with everything you say, other than the above. At least in my mind, even if you do get free stuff, it's doesn't mean you are obligated to anyone. If something is shit, we'll give it a shit review, and if people stop sending us their stuff to review, so be it :) At least that how we work, but we do get teh free shitz :loco:

An added advantage of reviewing your own stuff is there's no time-limit to do it on! Having stuff to review with a deadline, or at least a backlog of promos can be irritating :(

JayKeeley said:

Most definitely, my fine sir :cool: We'll have lost a bar by then, sadly, but we've still got another seven to keep us going :D I'll keep you updated with gigs as well, some cool stuff by the looks of it in the autumn!

beepbeepmeepmeepbeepmeepbeepmeepmeepmeepbeepmeepbeepbeepmeep

NEWSFLASH

People into HEAVY METAL so much that they have a website dedicated to writing about it have problems getting along with others.

More on this shocking, unexpected, and unexplainable situation at 11!

beepbeepmeepmeepbeepmeepbeepmeepmeepmeepbeepmeepbeepbeepmeep

Wait, Ellestin you have to say something funny again, otherwise I'm handing the Comedy Crown over to Jim.

Russell said:
Agree with everything you say, other than the above. At least in my mind, even if you do get free stuff, it's doesn't mean you are obligated to anyone.

Yeah yeah, heh, I'm talking about selling ad space or cozying up to specific labels more than others.

This is what I sent to the labels last night:

As always, we will support those artists that we deem applicable to RC
-- essentially, to support the "undergdog", the voice that deserves to be
heard. There is no guarantee that every single promo will be reviewed.
Our self-financed existence is to support the underground, and we will never sell ad space, or redistribute your promotional material for our profits. RC will continue to exist on our expense. We feel that this is the utmost in integrity by continuing to remain fully independent.

See Josh, lot's of "we's" in there just for "us". :Spin:

JayKeeley said:
Yeah yeah, heh, I'm talking about selling ad space or cozying up to specific labels more than others.

This is what I sent to the labels last night:

As always, we will support those artists that we deem applicable to RC
-- essentially, to support the "undergdog", the voice that deserves to be
heard. There is no guarantee that every single promo will be reviewed.
Our self-financed existence is to support the underground, and we will never sell ad space, or redistribute your promotional material for our profits. RC will continue to exist on our expense. We feel that this is the utmost in integrity by continuing to remain fully independent.

Oh like they care.

You should have just put "We take no responsibility for unsolicited materials" and then stop soliciting materials. Then sell whatever they send.

Jim LotFP said:
You should have just put "We take no responsibility for unsolicited materials" and then stop soliciting materials. Then sell whatever they send.

That raises a good question - what to do with the heaps of promos? We're not going to sell them, and I recognize that they're all a tax write off, but isn't there some 3rd world metal charity organization that I can send them to? :tickled: [I'm half serious].

there is serious need for tits in this thread

and JK ... my bbq question has still been left unanswered. yes, it's a Romanian tradition to unashamedely invite yourself to people's homes :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.