It would appear I am being fired from Royal Carnage

Status
Not open for further replies.
lurch70 said:
Gugs is gone again as well ... was supposed to meet him a few months ago for a Kreator show ... even spoke with him on the phone ... then puffff ... next day ... he is gone.

Update on Gugs (I'm sure he doesn't mind me telling you guys):

- We were trying to get to the Manowar gig this Sunday, but it sold out, and now I have to go to St Paul anyway
- He is top seller at Monster.com!!!
- He is dating some hot Ukranian chick!!!!1 First question I asked him, "does she like Nokturnal Mortum?" and we both did chortle some :lol:
- He's got his own apartment, living in a split (I guess) with his brother

Some asian chick is getting a nice butt bath I am sure ... :lol:

This will always be funny. :lol: Nah, he had to quit this chick, plus she had a young kid so you don't really want to give the kid some false hopes of becoming the new daddy... :erk:

dude ... we need to get together soemtimes .. all of us ... now that I have a new GF as well ... yes you heard it here first :lol:

BBQ at your home JK? :loco:

JayKeeley said:
:tickled:

Oh yeah. I really need to explain this, just so everyone can put this into perspective:

So get this: before Erik redesigned the site, I would manually format every writer's reviews/interviews before uploading to the site. Yes, that would equate to a few thousand hours for several hundred reviews. I'm not a web wizard, that's where Erik comes in. :cool:

This of course doesn't include the features! Yes, at this point, now you're talking about Haddsie sitting at her PC creating all the graphics for the backdrops and album covers, while again, I would format the reviews.

This is all on top of me writing my own reviews and interviews.

Plus I handled the labels for a long while and sent out all the packs every 2 weeks. Markgugs used to do this, then he left after 6 months, so I took over until I handed this off to Josh a few months ago. But by that point, RC had become stagnant.

Plus, I have paid for the site entirely since day one -- yeah, we talked about sharing the costs, but I don't see why people who volunteer for the site should pay anything. Of course, Josh will have you believe that I refused other people to pay so I could keep control of the site. Just call me Mr Haliburton. :lol:

Note: Dark One, Chief B, Smothered Hope, Haddsie, Markgugs -- all were there from the beginning and personal friends of mine (I'm married to one of them. Guess who? :loco: ), and all are rolling at the idea that I am like some Saddam Hussein type dictator. General Zod and I go back since 2002. NAD came along later, and now we've actually met when he visited NYC, he is one of my coolest friends. Erik I've yet to meet but I know it's only a matter of time, but I already regard him as a friend. BWD was cool, but I guess he got burned out by it all and left quietly in the night.

Thus, that earlier quote that Josh posted where I said, "Yes, I am Saddam. Tomorrow I will gas Kurds and burn an oilfield" makes it all the more funny, especially that he took it literally. I mean, surely you guys all know me well enough... :tickled:.

Yes, that's why now the dust has settled, you can see that this thread is totally unnecessary when 30 e-mails were exchanged in private. There is nothing here that hadn't already been discussed. Not sure how the thread in the GMD is working out...

Of course, Josh will come in and keep picking picking picking, but everyone will continue to ignore ignore ignore.

Absolutely. We just hit that point where we realized we were spending way too much effort reviewing crap after crap after crap, completely disillusioned by the labels and which bands they were signing, so we all just stopped writing. That's pretty much it. So now we have to find a balance.

We're not like UM with a huge team of writers plugging away. I think sites like UM are necessary, someone somewhere on the web will have written a review for a crappy release. You'll find that RC will now just be a little more selective.

For your information, the topic that started (and ended) this debate was the thread "Upcoming Reviews - leaving beer coaster promos to aside". That subject, where I offered all the writers an option to write some classic reviews as a break from listening to dungpile promos started this entire shit storm. That's the sort of thing we've had to deal with, so no more of that.

If anyone has any further questions, I'll be happy to address. :tickled:

I appreciate the kind words of support from those of you who have posted here, and those who have pm'd, wanting to know the real truth. I thank you all.

Now.....

Me and my wife are rolling on the floor on how you have managed to duck every question posed to you, and how one disagreement led to me being fired from a volunteer position. Because, you have yet to site any other instances.... Yeah, you try to sugar coat to appease your forum followers.... however, you talk shit behind people's backs and then play your poker face when it suits you. Seems you've been doing it to me for some time now... not to mention other forum readers...

I like the statement from the one person who joked that they weren't even aware that RC was a webzine.

And that's the problem, RC is no longer relevant to the metal scene. How can it be if it's not keeping up with the pace. Too much time spent on a message board, and not enough time on reviews, etc.

Jay quit lying through your fucking teeth. You specifically wanted to do away with all labels and promos, so yeah, if you want tor ead about new music and what to waste your money on and what not to waste your money on, keep an eye out for my future endeavors. If you want to read about some fucking band that recorded their cd in the fucking garage and has only pressed 100 copies, then by all means, stick with RC.

It's funny you make no mention of Evil C on your team, either in present tense or past.... and the fact that you like to boast about your "blood, sweat and tears", blah, blah, blah... fool, if it wasn't for me and the others, you would have NO FUCKING CONTENT TO UPLOAD!!! lol

And what have you done that no other zine or webmaster does that makes you sooooo special?? In one of your emails (which weren't 30+, by the way, another lame lie), you say you are so deserving of a guest list spot... why??? What have you done that separates you from the rest, besides piss in the face of the same labels that sent you stuff to provide content?

Dude, your excuses are lame, you know full well that everyone was ready to pitch in to help when you came crying to all of us about your near nervous breakdown and financial costs, etc... regardless of your new ideology that people who volunteer shouldn't help pay....

Out of the originals listed, how many are still around, besides your wife? And how many of those, aside from Gugs actually carried much weight??

NONE.

Who's your daddy?

Papa Josh said:
And that's the problem, RC is no longer relevant to the metal scene. How can it be if it's not keeping up with the pace.

Relevant = being right in step with covering all the hot new releases and being part of the marketing machine, eh?

Papa Josh said:
You specifically wanted to do away with all labels and promos, so yeah, if you want tor ead about new music and what to waste your money on and what not to waste your money on, keep an eye out for my future endeavors. If you want to read about some fucking band that recorded their cd in the fucking garage and has only pressed 100 copies, then by all means, stick with RC.

Looks like somebody should be applying for a position at a label.

Promos are fucking evil and it's in bad taste to have an attitude where one should expect free shit. (including guest lists. :p)

Wait for them to offer it to you. heh.

Sorry, had to step in, my new issue is all about this kind of crap.

Jim LotFP said:
Relevant = being right in step with covering all the hot new releases and being part of the marketing machine, eh?

Promos are fucking evil and it's in bad taste to have an attitude where one should expect free shit. (including guest lists. :p)

See, I NEVER wanted to cover the 100th metalcore release from Metal Blade or such...

But, I did want to review shit that was good that the labels happened to release.

But Jay apparently thinks he is deserving of tons of free shit because he has hosted a website with rare updates and provided links to their sites. he consytantly asks what have the labels done for us?? What did you allow them to do? What have you done for them??

Seems the labels were great when you wanted me to get you into the Manowar show....

Jim LotFP said:
I used to send the labels copies of the magazine (now they don't get shit unless I want to receive angry emails, heh), but what would you need to send them from a webzine beyond a link to their crap's coverage?

Ah, let me clarify.

Updating the labels from a webzine requires 0.001% effort. You're right, all they need is an e-mail each week with a list of links to all the latest reviews.

That packs I'm talking about are the promos being sent out to the writers. I would go to Staples and buy tons of padded envelopes, then each week just fill them in with the promos, as requested by the writers. Then either I or the wife would send them off (to London, Sweden, Texas, CA, wherever the writer lived) and this would happen every couple of weeks. I did this for about 18 months.

Papa Josh said:
If you want to read about some fucking band that recorded their cd in the fucking garage and has only pressed 100 copies, then by all means, stick with RC.
Whoa, you act like that's a bad thing.

JayKeeley said:
Ah, let me clarify.

Updating the labels from a webzine requires 0.001% effort. You're right, all they need is an e-mail each week with a list of links to all the latest reviews.

That packs I'm talking about are the promos being sent out to the writers. I would go to Staples and buy tons of padded envelopes, then each week just fill them in with the promos, as requested by the writers. Then either I or the wife would send them off (to London, Sweden, Texas, CA, wherever the writer lived) and this would happen every couple of weeks. I did this for about 18 months.

SUCH HARD WORK.....

JayKeeley said:

This makes sense. You should have bought your padded envelopes in bulk from uline. :p

Herr Papa I am on your side. I feel you are the victim of a smear campaign here, and I am a fellow who is the victim of bad publicity!!

Perhaps I can hook you up with a fellow who did my public relations, perhaps you've heard of him, J_Goebbels.

:lol:
sometimes after much schnapps we would call Goebbels Gobbles, ja!!! and when he passed out we would draw juden symbols on his face...ah, good times.

Josh - seriously man, you can continue to say anything you want. Just keep going. It doesn't negate anything that I've said all that I wanted to say in my closing e-mail above about how much effort I've put into RC since I built it.

So really, carry on, keep digging.

Re: Cary, yes, apologies to him, I knew there was someone I had missed! He's still relatively new, and I don't really know him that well so....

Also, what's your point about the original staff writers not being around? I don't get it. I mean, Gugs quit because he couldn't stand you -- I thought everyone knew that? That's why I felt bad for staying neutral, I stayed in your corner when you pissed of Gugs, Jason, NAD, etc.

Anyway, carry on, because I know this is what you'll keep doing. Going on and on and on...

Jim LotFP said:

Feel free to send the upcoming copy to Papa Josh.

Heck, bill me. :tickled:

Status
Not open for further replies.