Jackson RR24 PICS! Check in this hot guitar!

Luckily fanboys still can buy Jackson stars js2p or wtf it was. it looks very much like an rr24 but with gold hardware and Passive pickup+booster. Could be very nice.

It plays awesome. I have it for about a year now. It's perfect in every thing, except that it (and rest of the Jackson Stars too) has 1 5/8" nut width that I can't really get used to. All other Jacksons have 1 11/16" nut width, that's a 1.7mm difference, it's not much, but it's visible and you easily feel it when playing.

EMG HZ3 and PA2 wasn't that bad, PA2 was a little bit too noisy though. I got a Jackson J50BC pickup and Jackson JE1000 boost and now it rocks! :headbang:

Here's some old pics:
DSC03384m.jpg

DSC03343m.jpg

DSC04538m.jpg

DSC03410m.jpg

I will take some new pics when I clean it and restring it. Next weekend probably.

It plays awesome. I have it for about a year now. It's perfect in every thing, except that it (and rest of the Jackson Stars too) has 1 5/8" nut width that I can't really get used to. All other Jacksons have 1 11/16" nut width, that's a 1.7mm difference, it's not much, but it's visible and you easily feel it when playing.

EMG HZ3 and PA2 wasn't that bad, PA2 was a little bit too noisy though. I got a Jackson J50BC pickup and Jackson JE1000 boost and now it rocks! :headbang:

Here's some old pics:
DSC03384m.jpg

DSC03343m.jpg

DSC04538m.jpg

DSC03410m.jpg

I will take some new pics when I clean it and restring it. Next weekend probably.

thx for the pics dude:D how did u get a JE1000 and a J-50 BC:OMG: ? Does it sound laihoish now then?

Yoh Nazgul and The Phenom would you guys know what type of pickups to put in a Ibanez GRG to give it a clear but heavy sound?? :erk: :headbang:

You can't miss with active EMGs. Ibanez GRGs are not very good guitars and don't have bodies from high quality wood so thats why I'd put some EMGs in it ;). Passive pickups sound different and are more dependent on quality of wood.

yeah, it's total bullshit. they won't make replicas of any big guitars that are known arouond the world. Like Danny Spitz's Jacksons, or Dave Mustaine's, Chris Holmes, Laiho, Latvala too I think, etc.

WTF :zombie: never heard about this before, for how long do they refuse to make any copy of famous guitars anymore? Hell that sucks! :ill: I wonder what's the reason for that! Maybe some presure from other guitar brands who sell artists signatures.

Yoh Nazgul and The Phenom would you guys know what type of pickups to put in a Ibanez GRG to give it a clear but heavy sound?? :erk: :headbang:

i know :D if you want a excellent metal tone you could put a EMG 81 in the bridge and a 85 in neck. If you want versatility you can try the EMG 81 in bridge and 60 in neck :) 60 gives cleaner tones :)

actually does it make any difference if they are put like neck 85 and bridge 81.... i have that set up on my warrior.... :headbang:

actually yeah...the setup you have now will give you a brighter tone with less depth than other way around. i think the neck resonates the sound in a different way on the body so it does make a difference but....we all wait for a wise answer from nazgul...he knows better than me :loco: :) :worship:

It's so stupid to buy a rhoads-shaped guitar because alexi plays them. If you like them, fine - I think they're cool too - but I don't buy them because alexi use them. If alexi didn't use them noone on this forum would have a rhoads-shaped guitar except for maybe a couple of persons. Stupid fanboys.

It's so stupid to buy a rhoads-shaped guitar because alexi plays them. If you like them, fine - I think they're cool too - but I don't buy them because alexi use them. If alexi didn't use them noone on this forum would have a rhoads-shaped guitar except for maybe a couple of persons. Stupid fanboys.

well in my case i went million times to do store to try the guitars... and rhoads suited me excelent while i was standing and playing... with warrior i had a strange feeling... but since this model came up with 24 frets, i said why not.... :headbang:

actually yeah...the setup you have now will give you a brighter tone with less depth than other way around. i think the neck resonates the sound in a different way on the body so it does make a difference but....we all wait for a wise answer from nazgul...he knows better than me :loco: :) :worship:

yeah you're right... nazgul, want to hear your opinion, please... and btw i saw you picks on some other site... dont know where... probably in other rr24 thread or gear thread.... nice one.... :headbang:

take a look at your nick before call someone fanboy...

fanboy!

take a look at your nick before call someone fanboy...

fanboy!

There's quite alot of nicks on this forum which is much more fanboyish than mine. I listen to COB maybe twice a month, so don't call me a fanboy.