JRT12's Stinnett Guitar build

Very cool guitar! The truss rod cover looks great, and the magnets for holding it in place are a nice touch. Has anybody seen that kind of system on other guitars? Seems like a such a simple feature and very practical if like to adjust the truss rod regularly.

Very cool guitar! The truss rod cover looks great, and the magnets for holding it in place are a nice touch. Has anybody seen that kind of system on other guitars? Seems like a such a simple feature and very practical if like to adjust the truss rod regularly.

I've heard of magnets on other hand made guitars, but I'm not familiar with them on any production models.

The back with a few coats of oil

100_2397Large.jpg

So the neck is just glued in? I was thinking there would be a plate and screws also (but was wondering how that would work with the lack of a square heel). The neck goes all the way in behind the neck pickup though doesn't it, so I guess it is pretty solid.

Awesome job.

So the neck is just glued in? I was thinking there would be a plate and screws also (but was wondering how that would work with the lack of a square heel). The neck goes all the way in behind the neck pickup though doesn't it, so I guess it is pretty solid.

Awesome job.

That's pretty much the definition of a set-neck, dude ;)

That's pretty much the definition of a set-neck, dude ;)

I know what a set neck is as I have a Hellraiser. But thanks for pointing out the obvious once again. :D On the Hellraiser the transition from neck to body doesn't have the step though. So when I was looking at this guitar (before the neck was glued) I noticed it had a step. I was wondering how it was going to be joined. Since there was no square edge where the neck meets the body I was just wondering how it would be connected. I hope that's clearer. :)

With such helpful and informative posts you will be hitting 20k posts in no time. Feel free to correct my grammar as well. :lol:

EDIT added a "."
Doesn't count towards my post count does it?

Not touchy here, I used happy smilies :D :). Just amused by you............again.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, There you go Cob. You seem to follow Metaltastics posts quite a bit. Trying to get to 20k first? :lol:

Sorry Metalhead and JRT. My original post was relevant to the thread. :heh:

Stop messing up the thread postwhores. :mad: