JRT12's Stinnett Guitar build

It's sanded to 1500 grit. Kind of hard to tell because it's covered in dust in those pics, but it's pretty slick. Once everything is buttoned up, it will get coated with lemon oil, that's about it. That will give it a little bit of luster beyond just the polished wood.

Some people buff the whole board when they buff the frets, that gives it an even glossier look, but I'm not really into that.

Looks like you're drumming up some business here dude. That thing looks amazing. If you could send me a PM without how much you're looking to charge after this one's finished, I'd really appreciate it. A rundown on any different shapes or other stuff you can offer would be cool, too.

Cool, thats £500-£650. Very good prices!

Do you have a sheet of options available or anything?

I don't have anything "official" worked up to describe options. Right now I just handle it on a case by case basis.
I'm pretty wide open as far as wood types, hardware and electronics. In terms of construction, I can do capped tops, neck-thrus, different contours, different neck shapes, etc.

Right now I prefer to do no sprayed finishes. I don't have a dedicated facility, and I think a thin oil finish is vastly superior in terms of feel and tone. I'll do them, but it's going to cost significantly more.

PM me if you want to talk about something specific. Thanks.

Hahahaha, excellent analogy dude, and you're not kidding!

Hahaha, I actually stole that one from USA custom guitars. :) Figured it was fitting!

Metalhead: I've heard that lemon oil can potentially dry the fretboard out quicker or something similar. Do you have any experience with this? I used it briefly but switched when I heard that.

I heard a tip on Ibanez Rules that used violin bore oil instead of lemon oil for fretboards. You probably have way more experience in this department though...just curious of your thoughts.

-Joe

would it be possible to change the body shape slightly? Or is this something that you have had worked out for quite some time. I ask, only because the upper horn is slightly too large for my taste. Other than that I love the shape.

Have you worked out a headstock with 6 inline tuners at all?

thanks

-Joe

I've been using lemon oil on ebony boards for years. I've never had a problem with it. Plus I like the smell. :).

There is a lot of fuss about fingerboard oils, I have been thinking about trying "Fret Doctor" which I think is a fancy bore oil. I believe most bore oils are just mineral oil though.

would it be possible to change the body shape slightly? Or is this something that you have had worked out for quite some time. I ask, only because the upper horn is slightly too large for my taste. Other than that I love the shape.

Have you worked out a headstock with 6 inline tuners at all?

thanks

-Joe

You're not the first person to ask about that. I prefer the longer horn because the balance is so nice, but I would do a shortened version.
I have not designed a 6 inline headstock yet, but I plan to.

Would be cool if it were like the Jackson/ESP inline, your own personal touch of course:

ESP
424px-ESP-headstock-sharp.svg.png

Jackson
424px-Jackson_headstock_pointed.svg.png

You're not the first person to ask about that. I prefer the longer horn because the balance is so nice, but I would do a shortened version.
I have not designed a 6 inline headstock yet, but I plan to.

Cool, I trust your opinion for sure! It's just more of a personal preference with the horn. Yeah, I'm sure the lemon oil thing was partially internet hype as well.

-Joe