Krank!

Wow...that sounds incredible. That's exactly the kind of tone I really love. I knew I would love it as soon as Andy mentioned it in the same sentence with the Exodus modded Marshall. Even though I had to stream it here on my 28.8 dialup connection and could only hear a couple of seconds at a time, it sounded incredible. Thanks for the clips, and thanks for the pictures!

Andy Sneap said:
Engl sounds pretty good Derek, nice attack again, I don't remember Ritchie sounding like that!

Thanks again Andy. That was just the Blackmore plugged straight in. The only modification I did was switch the 1st 2 preamp tubes from stock to Chinese 9th generation 12AX7's. I think they are great 12AX7's with great gain characteristic's and for under $10 a piece they kickass.

Derek:cool:

James Murphy said:
try re-reading Andy's statement... the guitar used was a crappy jap Jackson with lame pick-ups... he added the Tube Screamer to make up for the guitar/pick-ups, not the amp.

Andy has already made the statement several times in this thread that the Krank sounds killer.... and why are we all here anyway? because we love his productions. if you like someone's productions then it is a given that you feel they have good ears that are in line with your own tastes... otherwise you wouldn't like their productions and likely wouldn't be a regular on their forum, now would you? :D
Owned by James Murphy. :tickled:

Sorry for misunderstanding Andy's post. :cry:

Andy, what was the gain setting on the first clip (the one with no tube screamer)? It sounds ok, but the 2nd one sounds much better, but when I read it had the Tube Screamer... I mean, can you get that same gain without the tube screamer without turning the amp's gain to 10?

Hi Derek, Thanks for the clip and settings, that will benefit a friend of mine and certainly a lot of people using Engl RB's but I've got to tell ya that I reman unsatisfied with the tone of Engl's (and yeah, tastes are subjective). I am more for tones like in flames, opeth, old nevermore and such :) Anyway, thanks derek!

As for the krank, I was already in love from hearing the samples at krank's website (especially the loGain one). Thanks andy!

It's good enough for me. I think it should join the 5150's, Triple Recs, Randalls, ect.. in the studios for recording. It does have a unique sound. Kinda like a 5150 and a Warhead had a kid.

Andy, do you know if Krank use Eminence V12 speakers in the Revolution cab? One part of the site it says "custom voiced speakers" but another says they use the V12's.

Also, would you still say Vintage 30's are the best speakers or are the one's in the Krank cab better?

DURBANS said:
Andy, what about the GAIN setting for each clip? (Drive knob)
hey leo check the picture posted upwards the gain knob is around 12 o clock
DSC00125.JPG

Hi Andy those clips took a hell of a time to get ERRORS keep coming but worth the wait :worship: . I get errors in Streaming and also downloading. For downloading i get this error: Song Play Error

An error occurred while attempting to play the selected song. The error reported was: Deep linking to songs on AudioStreet is only allowed for premium artists.

MAn this amp is really WiCkED No idea why people dis it so much. Man your 2nd clip really never nailed the Children Of Bodom tone!!! :OMG: Is it the pickups? or is it the amp plus the tube screamer boost? Man this is really sad where i live in a country why music equipment is shit in import..... which is Dubai,United Arab Emirates. Amps are all Solid states and they cost the amount of a Tube at US price ... really Sad ... Maybe i could get an endorsement form Krank eheh :D

Really impressive clips Andy. I will post my clips from yesterday's session as well. Your settings are way different than mine, but then again I was using a TS808 on it even though it's EMG 81 pickups. ;)

My 57 doesn't sound very good (it's falling apart) and I use the stock MOTU pre's so I double tracked with an Audio Technica 4060 condenser. The blended sound of both is pretty damn sweet...

Will post clips soon! I'm sure they won't sound as good as yours but they will be different LOL...