Lyrics. English questions.

What about this sentence?

"On and on, trip on the same stone". Meaning that you always comit the same mistakes.

In proper spoken English you would want "trip over the same stone", however, since this is music, you are always allowed a little poetic license. When writing lyrics, try to remember that, I know of very few songwriters who consistently employ proper English throughout their repertoire. That is the beauty of poetry, the meaning is all that matters, as long as it can be correctly interpreted, the syllables and emphases should match the meter. I've noticed this in German and Spanish songwriting as well, for what it's worth.

(By the way, take this with a grain of salt, I'm a scientist and a songwriter, so I take shortcuts all the time.)

- Richard

yeah I totally agree with Richard, some lyric writers even end up "inventing their own language" in some way (check the lyrics of the Mars Volta, sometimes mixing spanish with english in horrible ways gramatically but beautiful ways in context with the music). Still, I fell pity for many venezuelan bands who think they are being "international" by writing lyrics in english yet make absolutely no sense because of the horrible grammar and spelling they have, being poetic is one thing but just plain wrong is crossing the line haha

Jevil you're lyrics so far seem pretty good up to now, no horrible laughable error from what I've seen

Thanks Doc, yeah you're right, reading lyrics of many bands you realize of those licenses... and many mistakes, specially in Spain.

Slypkiess, lo cierto es que para los hispanoparlantes nos cuesta muchísimo más y lo peor no es eso, lo peor suele ser la pronunciación! es lo que más miedo me da de grabar en inglés.

oh si te entiendo perfectamente sobre todo lo de pronunciación, en muchos casos eso es inevitable, uno puede estudiar el idioma pero adoptar la pronunciación y el acento ya es mas dificil. Tu mismo eres el cantante? yo podría ayudarte con detalles de pronunciación, vivi de niño en USA y soy profesor de ingles asi que tengo un acento y pronunciación bastante aceptables

- This album will make you a boner.

Bahahahahahhahahahahahahha, I believe "this album will give you a boner" is the phrase you're looking for (much as I love the idea of a CD transforming a person into a giant erect penis :lol::worship: )

That, or this album will "make you stiff"/"give you a stiffy" (or "give you a chub," I always liked that one :D)

oh si te entiendo perfectamente sobre todo lo de pronunciación, en muchos casos eso es inevitable, uno puede estudiar el idioma pero adoptar la pronunciación y el acento ya es mas dificil. Tu mismo eres el cantante? yo podría ayudarte con detalles de pronunciación, vivi de niño en USA y soy profesor de ingles asi que tengo un acento y pronunciación bastante aceptables

Nice job on ruining the ENGLISH thread!!! :lol::lol:

Thank you very much Marcus. Haha, ok, I understand my mistake in the phrase. It is for the promo video of my next Soulitude album.

Chub: Getting aroused but not fully erect.

This is what we call in spanish "morcillona".
This is a morcilla:
Morcilla.jpg