metalcore

Amarantus said:
The ironic and funniest part about all of this is the fact I didn't even direct my posts towards you in any way shape or form. And for someone who claims that all I do is randomly flame people and other styles of music this and that is embarassing, you sure spout a bunch of hypocrisy just to satisfy your self-centered opinion.

I didn't randomly flame you, I defended metalcore by saying that you're just as clueless about the style as the people who first started this thread, which I still believe. In this thread you were the one who directed a post at me first, not the other way around.

When I original talked about Opeth it was to give a bit of advice to someone who hasn't really given Opeth a chance because of what all of the so called "metal nazis" think. That person obviously hadn't really listened to the band and just wanted to be cool and jump on that evergrowing bandwagon. Then Sir Erik comes in cock-sure about something he has no idea about.

Uh what? You were bigging up Opeth when Erik came in and said they pretty much suck just as hard as the metalcore you're always bitching on about. Then you ignorantly assumed he was jumping on a bandwagon when, in reality, he is only one of a large group who have been saying how overrated Opeth are for over five years. You clearly have no idea how derided Opeth have been by certain parts of the extreme metal community for as long as they've been making albums.

And then of course you come in with your quote of mine and begin your rambles. All in all it boils down to you not understanding the situation and just jumping in thinking you have it all down. Which you didn't. I understand people jumping in conversations, this is a public forum. But doing it in the manner that you did was just ignorant. You had no idea whom I was addressing my posts to but for some reason you felt offended enough to restort to insults.

I'm not offended, as I said before I just think that you post mostly content-free bullshit to inflate your ego and don't get called on it often enough. You don't know shit about the things you critisize, and mostly resort to pathetic rambling when you're attacked (as you're doing here). You're not the internet-savy badboy you think you are and as I said, your badly thought out responces are embarassing to read.

Most of the people who post here regularly (not including you, mainly because you've supposedly been here 3 years longer than me but dont even have twice the number of posts) know that 90% of what I say is just to get a good laugh. Hell even ender knows this, but you don't. Which is why it is insanely ironic and funny that you would just randomly flame me, stating that all of my opinions are redundant etc etc etc all this shit, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

Yeah see what I wrote above. Saying 'you're getting it all wrong my insults towards other posters and styles are just jokes' is so fucking lame I don't even know where to start. Grow some balls if you're going to throw shit at people, or at least learn that not all web-boards are playgrounds for you to push around those who know less than you.

Erik said:
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
out of five

How about we settle on that old saying "To each their own"?

Sounds like a good idea to me. We have our reasons for liking (and disliking) music. Therefore we dislike bands that others like. There's really no reason to bitch about it.

why is everyone a pussy around here now. it's all "opinions are different" and "i respect your feelings" and nobody wants to back any of their shit up after they say it.

you're wrong. and that is the whole of an absolute reality, rly rly rly.

Teh Grimarse said:
why is everyone a pussy around here now. it's all "opinions are different" and "i respect your feelings" and nobody wants to back any of their shit up after they say it.

Haha. I don't respect anyones feelings. And you must truly be a hardass if you call people a "pussy" over the internet. :lol:

Opeth is boring and the screaming is shitty as hell. They're also just about the most mainstream Prog-Death (or whatever they call themselves) bands out there. Kids that shop at Hot Topic wear Opeth shirts cause it's "cool".

Heres Opeth's original logo ...
opeth.gif

i take it you guys only wanna atack eatch other but anyway, i like some metalcore i even like some emo but say it memo its fun

THIS FUCKING ARGUMENT IS OLD AND SHIT. FUCK OFF THE LOT OF YOU.

gotta say thats my faverote post from this or the one about sweet potato

Teh Grimarse said:

All I want from people is to back stuff up. Yeah, sure, go ahead and flame people for being completely ignorant/idoitic/stupid/whatever, but please tell them/everyoneelse why they are (and not just a "you suck" or "you listen to emo/metalcore/whateversubgenreorband/whatever", explain).

:erk: I think I really need more sleep.

Perpetual Catatonia said:
How about we settle on that old saying "To each their own"?

Sounds like a good idea to me. We have our reasons for liking (and disliking) music. Therefore we dislike bands that others like. There's really no reason to bitch about it.

I agree with your opinion on Opeth, but I think that we shouldn't agree to disagree. The whole point of a forum like this is to argue about bands ad nauseam. This argument just happens to be old and played out.

Perpetual Catatonia said:
Haha. I don't respect anyones feelings. And you must truly be a hardass if you call people a "pussy" over the internet. :lol:

Opeth is boring and the screaming is shitty as hell. They're also just about the most mainstream Prog-Death (or whatever they call themselves) bands out there. Kids that shop at Hot Topic wear Opeth shirts cause it's "cool".

Heres Opeth's original logo ...
opeth.gif

hahahahahahahahah

It's a pretty simple concept to grasp, you are a fucking idiot.

Opeth is decent, but I probably wouldn't buy any of their albums....maybe one...make a recommendation!