metalcore

Amarantus said:
Doesn't surprise me you think they are boring. Not every band has to play insane amounts of speed and double bass to be "entertaining." Alot of other elements, like emotion, atmosphere etc. make the music that much more enjoying. Step outside of the box for about 10 minutes, open your mind and enjoy the music for what it is.

My god you really are new to this aren't you? I would never normally comment on it since someone's join date hasn't much to do with their knowledge of anything (Carcassian is a pretty good example) but you seriously need to realise how long people have been discussing this stuff and how incredibly redundant your opinions are.

Necro Joe said:
My god you really are new to this aren't you? I would never normally comment on it since someone's join date hasn't much to do with their knowledge of anything (Carcassian is a pretty good example) but you seriously need to realise how long people have been discussing this stuff and how incredibly redundant your opinions are.

What in the fuck are you talking about?

Erik said:
orchid is mostly meandering exercises in futility but morningrise is a pretty great album

Yeah but the first half of In Mist She Was Standing and one of the other songs (forgot which) is awesome imo.

Well honestly Necro, I'm going to do myself a favor and end this little squabble the way it should be.

Stating that my opinions on a highly talented band are redundant due to your dislike of them, is ignorance in full. Like them or not, I don't give a fuck. You cannot do or say anything to change the fact that Opeth is Opeth. Whine as you may, and attempt to flame the fans of the band. It will get you no where.

[/discussion]

Amarantus said:
Stating that my opinions on a highly talented band are redundant due to your dislike of them, is ignorance in full.
your "OPINIONS" are worthless and redundant because this board has been discussing this constantly, quite literally, for the past 5 years and you're not saying anything new, interesting, or noteworthy to anyone

And I'm sure the whole metalcore discussion has been going on for nearly that long too. So I suppose everyone who posted something on this thread has worthless and redundant opinions. Which would mean that your opinion about my opinions being worthless and redundant just are in fact worthless and redundant.

Fucking awesome.

Amarantus said:
And I'm sure the whole metalcore discussion has been going on for nearly that long too. So I suppose everyone who posted something on this thread has worthless and redundant opinions. Which would mean that your opinion about my opinions being worthless and redundant just are in fact worthless and redundant.
no, because we have not been discussing your worthlessness for 5 years, so you need to be put in your place

Amarantus said:
Stating that my opinions on a highly talented band are redundant due to your dislike of them, is ignorance full.

I like Opeth, in fact I would go so far as to say that Morningrise is in my top 50 or so albums of all time. My reason for saying you're opinion is redundant is because people have been bashing Opeth for a very long time, and not just because they prefer bands with 'insane amounts of speed' etc. Your kneejerk insult looks esspecially stupid because you decided to direct it at someone who doesn't even slighly fit the stereotype you created.

Like them or not, I don't give a fuck. You cannot do or say anything to change the fact that Opeth is Opeth. Whine as you may, and attempt to flame the fans of the band. It will get you no where.

I don't give a shit what you like, I just find your endless flaming of other styles and posters annoying and really quite embarassing given that you defend yourself so weakly when you're attacked for a change.

[/discussion]

Whatever you say, dude.

Amarantus said:
Doesn't surprise me you think they are boring. Not every band has to play insane amounts of speed and double bass to be "entertaining." Alot of other elements, like emotion, atmosphere etc. make the music that much more enjoying. Step outside of the box for about 10 minutes, open your mind and enjoy the music for what it is.

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon mate, but Opeth are just ver, very over rated. They aren't awful, but by unholy fuck, they aren't anything wonderful either. I find them extremely dull, and trust me, it has nothing to do with speed, double bass or "emotion".

I find their overwrought attempts at "emotion" one of the most annoying things about them, actually.

Just my opinion.

Necro Joe said:
I like Opeth, in fact I would go so far as to say that Morningrise is in my top 50 or so albums of all time. My reason for saying you're opinion is redundant is because people have been bashing Opeth for a very long time, and not just because they prefer bands with 'insane amounts of speed' etc. Your kneejerk insult looks esspecially stupid because you decided to direct it at someone who doesn't even slighly fit the stereotype you created.

I don't give a shit what you like, I just find your endless flaming of other styles and posters annoying and really quite embarassing given that you defend yourself so weakly when you're attacked for a change.

Whatever you say, dude.

The ironic and funniest part about all of this is the fact I didn't even direct my posts towards you in any way shape or form. And for someone who claims that all I do is randomly flame people and other styles of music this and that is embarassing, you sure spout a bunch of hypocrisy just to satisfy your self-centered opinion.

When I original talked about Opeth it was to give a bit of advice to someone who hasn't really given Opeth a chance because of what all of the so called "metal nazis" think. That person obviously hadn't really listened to the band and just wanted to be cool and jump on that evergrowing bandwagon.

Then Sir Erik comes in cock-sure about something he also has no idea about. And then of course you come in with your quote of mine and begin your rambles. All in all it boils down to you not understanding the situation and just jumping in thinking you have it all down. Which you didn't. I understand people jumping in conversations, this is a public forum. But doing it in the manner that you did was just ignorant. You had no idea whom I was addressing my posts to but for some reason you felt offended enough to restort to insults. For someone who, oddly enough, think it's embarassing that I supposedly flame randomly any chance I get, you sure do alot of it yourself. All of your posts as of late have been retarded and pointless. Which is cool, I don't give a shit, I just ignore most of that stuff, but alot of it I think is funny. But anyways. Most of the people who post here regularly (not including you, mainly because you've supposedly been here 3 years longer than me but dont even have twice the number of posts) know that 90% of what I say is just to get a good laugh. Hell even ender knows this, but you don't. Which is why it is insanely ironic and funny that you would just randomly flame me, stating that all of my opinions are redundant etc etc etc all this shit, but you have no idea what you are talking about.

So, in short, either stop replying to my posts, or fuck off and get a clue.