Mikael the Storyteller vs. Mikael the Lyricist

well I would agree with that, and mikael probably would too. He's said quite a few times that he barely finds time to write lyrics and does them a few minutes before they actually put the song down...so of course MYAH will have better or more coherent lyrics then Deliverance. But like you said one type tells a story, the other seems more stream of consiousness type stuff...more vague.

just to clarfiy , which is the other concept album other then mayh?

anyway my favourate lyrics are on mayh, that album is beyond genious.

Still Life is the other concept album.

And I agree, MAYH is the best written album, and it flows so well. I love it so much. *wipes away a tear*

I miss the "Forest Metal" lyrics - they may not always make sense, but the verbiage used is quite beautiful.

Of course, nothing touches the concept albums. Even at the beginning of a song, you get the feeling that there's something that is to be after it's done (except, of course, Epilogue)..

As noted in a few places on these forums MAYH is my favorite album. The dynamics are just so perfect. The flow from melancholy passages to climatic verse (yes I did just use synonyms because of a lack of words). The album is so emotional. I love GoD. *wipes tear away*

I MEAN, I love My Arms Your Herse. *wipes tear away*

I suppose that this means: Yes I like the so-called concept albums better.

Just an observation:
As I read the lyrics from Deliverance nad Damnation, I can say that those two are even so concept albums.
D1 is based on Mikael's dream, it tells the story of bloodthirsty maniac. He kills his victim, gets caught and than waits for "a fair judgement". Then, as a ghost or demon, he guides his apprentice(s).
D2 tells the story of a dying old man. He's alone, his abandoned by his family. Maybe earlier he was devil's advocate?

Minder said:
Just an observation:
As I read the lyrics from Deliverance nad Damnation, I can say that those two are even so concept albums.
D1 is based on Mikael's dream, it tells the story of bloodthirsty maniac. He kills his victim, gets caught and than waits for "a fair judgement". Then, as a ghost or demon, he guides his apprentice(s).
D2 tells the story of a dying old man. He's alone, his abandoned by his family. Maybe earlier he was devil's advocate?
:lol::lol::lol:

Classic. :D

If you were being serious I'm sorry. :ill: