MJR's opinion about nu-metal

Possibly "Shades of Grey". I wouldn't care if he cited that as it's Romeo's worst song ever. It's likely his worst one yet.

wails *tell me hooowwww am iiiii suppoooosed to liiiive withooouutt youuu*

damn right.

also... why is everyone laying into Void dude?

1. his band rocks
2. he has a point, even if you're all too conditioned to admit it... it's kinda like somebody saying some kind of generalization about metal that everybody in the room agrees with, except the one guy who isn't as dumb as the rest.

@ FOD - i cant even go into my local rock bar anymore coz everytime i do its all that god-damned emo music playing! its scaring people away from the place..AARRGGGHHHHH

What's worse is that some of the emo bands and their fans consider themselves metal. I laughed my ass off today when one of the resident emo kids in my school told me that Coheed and Cambria are a metal band. LOL!

nothing wrong with tuning down, alot of romeos recent riffs sounds very numetal / rythemic type,

:lol:

and here they get labelled PROG metal! ive listened to their shit in the club, aint nothing prog about it.. just sounds like standard rock to me except they have weird video clips..another band that gets labelled prog rock and i think thats a crock is thirsty merc.. aint nothing prog about their shit either..

I hate to say it, but when Coheed and Cambria are labeled Prog Metal, then the word "Prog" has lost its meaning.

I think we should just move on and change Prog Metal to Good Metal. :p
[/self-righteous]

and to back up my claim that it is indeed what they are being labelled.. here is a shitty article:

In March he had a full house for a double thrash bill featuring the Haunted (Sweden) and Exodus (San Francisco). Last week he handled two sell-out shows for American prog-metal outfit Coheed and Cambria, plus the chocka turnout for HIM's debut Australian appearance.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/03/30/1143441254817.html

i think the main reason that coheed are labelled a prog band is because they have many progressive features in their music, which you might not recognise by just hearing one song, but basically all their albums cover one giant story line, it has recurring themes etc and although its not prog in the 58/27 time signature sense of the word, i'm pretty sure it still qualifies as prog

I hate to say it, but when Coheed and Cambria are labeled Prog Metal, then the word "Prog" has lost its meaning.

I think we should just move on and change Prog Metal to Good Metal. :p
[/self-righteous]
when recent Dream Theater is labelled prog, the word has lost its meaning. actually, it lost its meaning probably 10 years ago.

and to back up my claim that it is indeed what they are being labelled.. here is a shitty article:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/03/30/1143441254817.html

Hmm, that's probably the stupidest thing I've read all week. When you label H.I.M heavy metal you need to be shot. In the head.

I'm going to create a new type of metal. It's called Wannabe-we-can't-play-instruments-in-anything-resembling-rhythm metal (or WWCPIIARRM for short). It consists of dorks buying a $99 Yamaha guitar and suddenly they become a metal band. Never mind that they bought a guitar from a company that also makes dirt bikes and jet skis; they're hardcore metal. They recruit an also low talent drummer and "singer", so they can "rock out."

These dorks also purchase a couple boxes of eye make-up and black nail polish, so they can decorate themselves on stage. And by stage, i mean their school's battle of the bands, where they are fawned over by all the emo/punk skanks and laughed at by all the people with talent.

Members of my new genre include, but are not limited to: My chemical romance, green day, AFI, Hawthorne Heights, The Used, H.I.M, and any other metal core/punk band out there. I'll also create a new record label called That's Eighteen Dollars You'll Never Get Back Media, so i can sign all of these fools.

These bands are neither prog or metal. Actually, they are prog, as their music makes me progressively stupider as I listen to it.