Most overrated bands

Doomcifer said:
Thanks for your .02 assclown. You probably live about 45 minutes from me, so do me the favor of calling me a "dumb cunt" to my face...or would you rather talk shit behind your screen than being scraped off the pavement? :lol:

Wow I have no idea why I posted that. I think I thought ohiogrinder was talking to Consuming Impulse (who everyone asks to ban, so maybe that's where I got confused)...but I didn't mean you, haha. I may have ripped on you in another thread for complaining that no one could list Agalloch on their 2006 lists cuz it hasn't been "released" yet (and I realized after that I was wrong in doing so, thus apologies). But...I dunno what the hell I was thinking. What the fuck. No bad blood.

Also, don't kill me.

Carcassian said:
Where to start. Ok, from the beginning.

They were writing songs about Vampires long before this current "goth" trend. The current "goth" trend has very little to do with ACTUAL goth culture, as evidenced in the sounds of the early Sisters of Mercy, Christian Death etc.

The lyrics are very reminiscent of the Gothic writers, particularly novels such as "The Monk" and "Castle Rackrent". The prediliction with vampy, cliched horror also harkens back to themes found in the Hammer Horror series of films, which certainly predates whichever pop-punk outfits you are thinking about. "Gothic romance" has nothing to do with the dyed-hair fat-chicks at the mall sub-culture, but rather more to do with the literary tradition of ghouls, virgin-victims and rattling chains.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Onder said:
You just don't like that they're popular.
Yup. I remember when Dusk... and Her Embrace and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant came out and those two bands were being universally lauded as the best thing to happen to metal since distortion. A few years go by and they become very popular and are suddenly shit. Please. What hypocrisy.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Wow I have no idea why I posted that. I think I thought ohiogrinder was talking to Consuming Impulse (who everyone asks to ban, so maybe that's where I got confused)...but I didn't mean you, haha. I may have ripped on you in another thread for complaining that no one could list Agalloch on their 2006 lists cuz it hasn't been "released" yet (and I realized after that I was wrong in doing so, thus apologies). But...I dunno what the hell I was thinking. What the fuck. No bad blood.

Also, don't kill me.

No problem man. I was wondering why you were calling me a dumb cunt for no reason. lmao Well, then I am sorry for flying off the handle.

ender7227 said:
Metal. METAL. Why is it that all threads in here need to be labled as talking about metal in order for anyone to do so?

lol...I thought I would mention something we can all agree on for a change.

The Possessed, Megadeth, Anthrax, Death Angel, Destruction, Children of Bodom, Cephalic Carnage, Arch Enemy (I fucking hate them), Lacuna Coil
etc..

The Legacy and The New Order rule - sif Testament is overrated

Burzum
Darkthrone
EXODUS
Hypocrisy
MESHUGGAH
Suffocation
Demilich
Dragonforce
*edit* I totally agree with Anthrax as well - overrated to no end and they reek of mediocrity

etc etc.

byrne said:
EXODUS
Hypocrisy
MESHUGGAH
Suffocation
Demilich
Dragonforce
*edit* I totally agree with Anthrax as well - overrated to no end and they reek of mediocrity

etc etc.

Add Testament to that and you've got a clean sweep for me.