Most overrated bands

Xeroth said:
I must agree with Metallica being overrated, I really can't get into their music at all. Don't know what the fuss is all about. The first album is good though.
Metallica is overrated because they were the first thrash band. Much like Black Sabbath is overrated for being the first metal band.

If Anthrax did not write that 'bring the noise' song would they really be all the popular ?. Anthrax was generic thrash with a girl singer that could have sang in ratt or poison or something along those lines. Anthrax is a lot less horrible than megadeth though.

Older Armored Saint with john bush is ten times better than anthrax.

Doomcifer said:
How the hell are Black Sabbath overrated?
Many seem to think that they are the best metal band ever. They are not. They may have been the first, but definitely not the best. They were obviously huge innovators, but in terms of talent and songwriting ability, I can think of many metal bands that have them beat.

Even if that was true, which it isn't, it would mean that somehow talent and songwriting ability is more important than innovation, which is obviously absurd. Innovation takes a nifty little thing called "artistic vision", which is basically the most important thing in music, while talent and songwriting ability is something any douche can buy at a music university.

Therefor: Black Sabbath = Metal Gods
And: People who disagree = less smart

ender7227 said:
I like Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Trivium, Bullet for my Valentine, and Stone Sour, to name a few. So, son't presume to know my tastes.
BFMV, Stone Sour? And you think Dimmu Borgir is overated . I think
you and
Draconyus wave the rainbow flag a little bit too much you two
should get married.

Crimson Velvet said:
Even if that was true, which it isn't, it would mean that somehow talent and songwriting ability is more important than innovation, which is obviously absurd. Innovation takes a nifty little thing called "artistic vision", which is basically the most important thing in music, while talent and songwriting ability is something any douche can buy at a music university.

Therefor: Black Sabbath = Metal Gods
And: People who disagree = less smart
Well, they invented metal, and are thus an important metal band. But many of their songs consist of three simple riffs that are often repeated in a cyclical pop song structure