Most Overrated Opeth Song

Remember this. Every Opeth song is better than any Metallica song Post-AJFA!

Olllie said:
Post what you think is the most overrated Opeth song!

For me...
Demon of the Fall!
Yes, it's an excellent song, but why is it such a fan favorite? For me it's nothing special. And the "demon! demon of the fall!" bit is a bit cheesy :p

Fuck, The Moor is the shit! Especially after seeing it live. I really dig that and April Ethereal as openers for albums! The aggression.....

Mistress Bleak said:
Demon of the Fall
Black Rose Immortal
The Moor

They're still awesome songs, but they're nowhere close to being the best Opeth songs.

How could you say Blackwater Park as being the most over rated that song kicks ass the last line is one of the greatest ever written. Hey Metalmaster have you listened to it any time lately? if so listen again and continue this step until you appreciate it for all its worth.

im agreeing with Deliverence its good but meh.

Black Rose Immortal by far. Even though most of the clean parts rule, people seem to get hard over this song for no reason.

KingJaymz said:
Black Rose Immortal by far. Even though most of the clean parts rule, people seem to get hard over this song for no reason.

I think a lot of it has to do with the length of the song. I guess it makes people feel special to say they like a 20 min. song. Not that its a bad song, but it has a lot of filler riffs.

BRI has no flow. Cant sa it bothers me though but the first minutes of it are really dull.

Black Rose Immortal is awesome, some riffs are a bit dull but its 20 mins long what do you expect, most of the song is brilliant even if it's a bit patchwork.

Most overrated song, easily The Drapery Falls

The Moor, Face of Melinda, Advent, Moonlapse Vertigo, Benighted.