Most Overrated Opeth Song

I'd have to go with Demon Of The Fall also.I also find Black Rose Immortal Rated and off Watershed I think The Lotus Eater does get a bit tiresome after a while so isn't as good as some make out,definately nowhere near the best track of the album.

Because you listened it too much. The first 100 times, it's one of the best song. :). And.. god.. Demon of the Fall isn't overrated.. it is justified mostly because it seems to be the best song of that album.

lol MAYH is ABSOLUTELY one of the better opeth albums. in fact, if you don't think that the mayh/sl/bwp trio are the 3 best opeth albums, your taste is awful

Because you listened it too much. The first 100 times, it's one of the best song. :). And.. god.. Demon of the Fall isn't overrated.. it is justified mostly because it seems to be the best song of that album.

"Drapery Falls" and "Demon of the Fall" tied for me. In my opinion, any other song of the "My Arms, Your Hearse" album (except covers) is just better than Demon of the Fall. Just get it out of the setlist please.

Among the superfandom like us it's always going to be the Drapery Falls and Demon and stuff like that. But the OBJECTIVELY most overrated song is Porcelain Heart. It's the most requested on radio and in the mainstream in general. It's a fine song, but it's a joke next to other 10 minute epics.

Hmmm, Always thought BRI was a poor song in comparison to most of Opeth's creations. People always put Orchid and Morningrise up on a pedestal, and I love them too, but Opeth became so much more after those albums.

Whats with all the Deliverance hate? Musically its fantastic, some awesome riffs, some great lyrics and vocals - and it really flows as a song. Not to mention Lopez kicking ass in the outro...

But the OBJECTIVELY most overrated song is Porcelain Heart. It's the most requested on radio and in the mainstream in general. It's a fine song, but it's a joke next to other 10 minute epics.

+1 That song it's the worst of Watershed...

taste*. stick to french.

Wow. I hate those of your kind, showing other's mistakes in their sentences. That's just ridiculous and pointless. I knew how to write it, I just wrote it down without taking care, but the point is that you understood what I meant to say anyway. And yes, I'm French and somehow more apt to make these kind of mistakes.

"Drapery Falls" and "Demon of the Fall" tied for me. In my opinion, any other song of the "My Arms, Your Hearse" album (except covers) is just better than Demon of the Fall. Just get it out of the setlist please.

Yes, but it's often about personnal experiences. I remember playing Demon of the Fall with my old band and that's why it's my favourite song. But songs like April Ethereal are just as good, but Madrigal isn't, right? Currently I don't particularly like The Drapery Falls or Demon of the Fall but it's just because I listened to them too often and got tired. But in my memory, these names sound like "great songs" even if its not the case actually.