Most poorly produced albums of all time

He's right about both... KIMBABIG is very thin sounding and PTK is simply not crisp enough. Worst of all though is the sloppy ass drumming on PTK constantly throwing the music off beat. Which is why I far prefer the 3 albums after it.

the sloppyness is what makes it so great.

Bad production does not mean a low quality sounding album all the time, It could be the direction a band took with a certain album as well.

In Flames - Soundtrack to Your Escape
Blind Guardian - A Twist in the Myth
Metallica - Death Magnetic

He's right about both... KIMBABIG is very thin sounding and PTK is simply not crisp enough. Worst of all though is the sloppy ass drumming on PTK constantly throwing the music off beat. Which is why I far prefer the 3 albums after it.

They may not be perfect, but "most poorly produced of all time"? I don't think so. I had no problem totally getting into them when they were released. I am thinking this topic is more suited to production that actually totally changes the destiny of a given album, like Suffocation - Breeding the Spawn.

BTW I do love Terrible Certainty. Such a killer album.

Some of the nwobhm bands that only released like one single had pretty shitty production.

For such a highly-praised recording, I find the production of Clandestine to sound under par; on top of that the vocals are absolutely lame.

Gris - Il Etait Une Foret.

Amazing music ruined by a piss-poor production full of static noise and "s9a8da90s8da9s8dasodjasjkdaskjdhaskjdhaskdjhaskdjhaskdjashkfxfmksdfsd" sounds plaguing the album.

Really? I actually think the production really made it a standout.

I think it is fairly common for people to find contention with black metal albums' (even seemingly randomly-chosen ones :p) production values.

itt I learned that a lot of people I previously didn't dislike are actually certifiably homosexual. :erk: Disliking PTK? WTF guys.

I always thought Warning - The Strength To Dream was terribly produced. It would be great if they rerecorded it and gave it Watching From A Distance's production.