Most poorly produced albums of all time

And the drumming and drumming production values are a highlight of that album. Those tom fills sound like a volley of hollowed skulls dropping on concrete in a SNES-era video game. Only Energetic Disassembly rivals it in terms of tone.

I own it, so I have. It's pretty overproduced but I'd say it quite fits what they were going for, and I like a bit of the album enough anyway.

No. I am sorry, I am not going to be able to accept this answer. The good so outweighs the bad in this case, that it is obviously incorrect to dislike Pleasure to Kill for a little off-time drumming.

Listen up... I never said PTK was a bad album. Stop inserting your bullshit ideas into my sentences. I said the EXECUTION was bad. The drumming is shit and is distracting making it a hard listen. As such I prefer to listen to the albums afterwards.
Its obvious that some people are incapable of ANY critical thought whatsoever in regards to the classics. "Oh so and so said that the guitar tone on such and such an album isn't good... therefore he's a faggot". Bullshit. Its called honest criticism, not mindless fellatio of sacred cows.
In conclusion this thread was not about the musical CONTENT of the album but about the PRODUCTION and the execution of that before-mentioned content.

Listen up... I never said PTK was a bad album. Stop inserting your bullshit ideas into my sentences. I said the EXECUTION was bad. The drumming is shit and is distracting making it a hard listen. As such I prefer to listen to the albums afterwards.
Its obvious that some people are incapable of ANY critical thought whatsoever in regards to the classics. "Oh so and so said that the guitar tone on such and such an album isn't good... therefore he's a faggot". Bullshit. Its called honest criticism, not mindless fellatio of sacred cows.
In conclusion this thread was not about the musical CONTENT of the album but about the PRODUCTION and the execution of that before-mentioned content.

I may be stupid, but I am not one to mindlessly esteem an album because of its status in the metal community. I heard that album and fell in love with it back near when it came out. There was nothing I noticed as enough of a distraction to change that. Thus it is somewhat hard to imagine others doing that. It's just human nature to think like that.

I never called you any names based on your opinion of this album.

Obviously I was joking about not accepting your answer. I am not Alex Trebek.

I never inserted my bullshit ideas into your statements. I simply repeated what you said, which is that there are things about PTK which keep you from enjoying it.

not to mention the complete lack of bass/bottom end

I used to complain about this too, but once I went deeper than the upper-most second-tier bands I had to ask: who cares? Lack of bass is almost synonymous with Bay Area thrash.

EDIT: And I know that "lack of bass" goes beyond simply being able to hear the bass guitar, but it's still a problem with a good many ultra-dry late 80's thrash albums.

Not it doesn't. Not when compared to either Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets. Even the Black album sounds better. It was just the one album of their first 10 years that I find has horrible production when it comes to the drums and as unknown pointed out, the bass is mixed out of the album for the most part.

But that's a whole different story.

I used to complain about this too, but once I went deeper than the upper-most second-tier bands I had to ask: who cares? Lack of bass is almost synonymous with Bay Area thrash.

EDIT: And I know that "lack of bass" goes beyond simply being able to hear the bass guitar, but it's still a problem with a good many ultra-dry late 80's thrash albums.

I realize it's an aesthetic particular to the genre and time period, but Metallica set up a precedent for themselves on their previous albums of not only including a well rounded (bass) sound, but even showcasing the bassist in their band with bass solos and whatnot as Der Morgenstern mentioned.

Also there were other thrash bands that while may have had a mid-heavy mix on their albums but still let the bassist stand out. The obvious example that comes to mind is Sadus.