Most Talented People in Metal

Opeth are talented but I could never get into them. Do they have any songs that are juts metal?

Mikael Akerfeldt for sure. Quorthon hell yeah. Chuck too.
I would add Tobias Sammet. Anyone who likes "limp-wristed Eurofag power metal" or w/e will agree. He's a great songwriter and vocalist and also keyboardist.
Jesper Stromblad - his early work with In Flames as well as Sinergy, Hammerfall, and Dimension Zero is fucking dope.He writes some really ill melodies
Tony Iommi
Ihsahn definitely

I think every member of Dream Theater is pretty badass on their respective instruments. Actually I'll go as far as to say I think they are easily some of the most talented musicians ever.
Not just on their respective instruments. When Derek Sherinian was in the band, they would often (except for James LaBrie) swap instruments, with Portnoy on bass, Sherinian on guitar, Petrucci on drums, and Myung on keys. Unfortunately the chemistry behind the Nightmare Cinema novelty act where they swapped instruments disappeared when Jordan Rudess joined, and Rudess is not particularly great on the guitar, although he can play it.

One thing that has amazed me about Bruce Dickinson is how much he's diversified and strengthened his voice over the years. He doesn't have the range he did in 1983, but all things considered, he's a better singer. Piece of Mind-era Bruce couldn't have really pulled off "Blood Brothers", "Dance of Death", "Navigate the Seas of the Sun", "The Longest Day", or "The Legacy". Live After Death doesn't paint a pretty picture of his '80s-era live voice, either. It takes an extraordinary level of talent to be a better singer at 50 than at 25.

Some of the most talented imo:

Mikael Akerfeltd
Chuck Schuldiner
Max Cavalera (Sepultura, Soulfly, Cavalera Conspiracy)
Steve Harris
Dave Mustaine
Peter Tagtgren (Hypocrisy)
Mille Petrozza (Kreator)
Morgan Hakansson (Marduk)

WE'RE BLOOD BROTHERS
WE'RE BLOOD BROTHERS
WE'RE BLOOD BROTHERS
WE'RE BLOOD BROTHERS
Iron Maiden songs have these little things called verses and bridges, you know. Perhaps you might remember this?

There are times when I feel I'm afraid for the world
There are times I'm ashamed of us all
When you're floating on all the emotion you feel
And reflecting the good and the bad.

Or this?

When you think that we've used all our chances
And our chance to make everything right
Keep on making the same old mistakes
Makes untipping the balance so easy
Say a prayer on the book of the dead

Pretty much every single passage in the whole is delivered in a different timbre or inflection, instead of just "loud voice" and "soft voice". "The Longest Day" goes one better by having a continually escalating tension in both of the verses, except for the interruption of the chorus between verses. Of course, making gross generalizations about bands based on the part of the song that was designed to be the easiest to remember saves you from actually having to think about anything long enough to remember more deeply.

YOUR TIME WILL COME
YOUR TIME WILL COME
YOUR TIME WILL COME
YOUR TIME WILL COME

AND THE GATES AND THE WALLS OF MONTSEGUR
BLOOD ON THE STONES OF THE CITADEL!

the choruses, sure. But the verses are great.
And yeah, Bruce is also just The Man. He's an olympic level fencer, commercial airline pilot, actor, director, and writer, heavy metal icon, solo musician, etc

As far as vocalist goes Kristoffer Rygg is my favourite, supreme clean and harsh vocals. How many people boast that? certainly not many on the same level as Rygg.

I forgot entirely about Rygg. Great vocalist. But, to name one on the same level, or better even... Devin Townsend.

One thing that has amazed me about Bruce Dickinson is how much he's diversified and strengthened his voice over the years. He doesn't have the range he did in 1983, but all things considered, he's a better singer. Piece of Mind-era Bruce couldn't have really pulled off "Blood Brothers", "Dance of Death", "Navigate the Seas of the Sun", "The Longest Day", or "The Legacy". Live After Death doesn't paint a pretty picture of his '80s-era live voice, either. It takes an extraordinary level of talent to be a better singer at 50 than at 25.

I agree with you, partially. I wouldn't claim his recent vocals are better than those in his prime, but I wouldn't claim the opposite either. They're different, in a good way. I would say that his vocals are especially awesome on A Matter of Life and Death, because they sound more... ravaged, or something, which is strictly positive because it really fits the war-theme of that album.

On an unrelated note, Infinite Dreams is the best song they've ever made.

Scott Burns
Eric Rutan

Two great producers. I think Rutan even uses the old Morrisound recorder. Rutan also for his phenominal guitar playing and compositional masterpieces.

Dan Swanö
Anders Nyström
Jerry Cantrell
Mikael Åkerfeldt
Tomi Joutsen
Cristina Scabbia
Santeri Kallio
Robert Lowe
Tony Iommi
Galder
Justin Broadrick
Liv Kristine