Most Talented People in Metal

blood brothers is by far the worst maiden song. it kills concerts, too

It's the best on the album and it by no means kills concerts.

It's true that Maiden choruses have gone downhill...

Blood Brothers: We're Blood Brothers (x4)
Mercenary: Nowhere to run, no where to hide, you've got to kill to stay alive (x4)
Show them no fear, show them no pain (x4)
For The Greater Good Of God: for the greater good...ofgod! (x8)
The Longest Day: how long, on this longest day, till we finally make it through (a million times)
and the same for Montsegur, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, the Fallen Angel, and a bunch of others.

But they still kick ass.

Blind Guardian is fantastic in the songwriting department and their delivery is flawless. Some would probably argue that Hansi Kursch isn't all that great of a vocalist, but his inflection and lyrics are perfectly suited to what he does. Underrated, in my opinion.

they aren't underrated. almost all power metal fans fellate the 24/7

Mikael is not only proficiant with his vocals, he is also a good guitarist and can write some interesting stuff. He just makes it longer than it has to be....

Opeth could easily one of my favorite bands if the songs were in the 4 to 5 minute range.

Maybe I'm too stupid to comprehend this idea, but would someone please explain to me what the length of a song has anything to do with its quality? 60 minutes of music is 60 minutes of music, no matter how you slice it. Just because one of the songs is 20 minutes long, shouldn't mean dick. Albums were meant to be listened from beginning to end anyways (iirc), so this whole "daaah teh songs r 2 long" statement confuses me (IMO (tbh)).

Maybe I'm too stupid to comprehend this idea, but would someone please explain to me what the length of a song has anything to do with its quality? 60 minutes of music is 60 minutes of music, no matter how you slice it. Just because one of the songs is 20 minutes long, shouldn't mean dick. Albums were meant to be listened from beginning to end anyways (iirc), so this whole "daaah teh songs r 2 long" statement confuses me (IMO (tbh)).

i think he means that the material in these songs don't warrent such lengths... i.e. the songs would work better if they were shorter.

It's the best on the album and it by no means kills concerts.

It's true that Maiden choruses have gone downhill...
You think that's new?

CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

And it's more Steve Harris' fault than anyone else's.

A Matter of Life and Death is much better in terms of avoiding repetitive choruses, so I think they finally realized they were doing something wrong.

i think he means that the material in these songs don't warrent such lengths... i.e. the songs would work better if they were shorter.
People who say Opeth songs should be shortened haven't heard the butchery inflicted upon "The Grand Conjuration" for its edit.

You think that's new?

And it's more Steve Harris' fault than anyone else's.

A Matter of Life and Death is much better in terms of avoiding repetitive choruses, so I think they finally realized they were doing something wrong.

People who say Opeth songs should be shortened haven't heard the butchery inflicted upon "The Grand Conjuration" for its edit.

I don't think they should shorten the songs... they just need to replace the riffs they have with better ones. :lol:

Pat O'Brien
Rob Barrett
Alex Webster
Jack Owen
Chuck Schuldiner
Muhammed Suicmez
Dave Lombardo

BTW, anyone who says the corpse guys aren't talented, listen to The Wretched Spawn (the album not the song) a couple of times and let's see if you still think they're not talented.

BTW, anyone who says the corpse guys aren't talented, listen to The Wretched Spawn (the album not the song) a couple of times and let's see if you still think they're not talented.

You don't have to defend them. They are undeniably talented. People sometimes confuse their own enjoyment/distaste for a band with the bands own talent. I believe they're separate issues. Also it goes both ways.

And you forgot to mention George, he's got to have the most talented neck in all of metal!

Yeah I was kinda hesitant about putting George or Chris in there cause there are just so many good vocals in metal that I thought I'd just rather not, I thought I'd get like "nuh uh this singer is better" and stuff.