Movie Quotes

NAD said:
I'll just give the answer, it's Jason Lee in Drawing Flies, which was produced by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier. Awesome movie, it's called "the lost View Askew film." I recommend it, especially since the DVD is around $10. :D

Haddsie's quote sounds like something in a John Cusack movie, but I can't place it. Markgugs I have no idea, sounds like something out of the Preacher comic book. :lol:

Never heard of Drawing Flies... I'll have to check that out.

My quote was not from a John Cusack movie, so I'll give another hint... here's another quote from the same movie:

"First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old fashioned romantic feeling. Where I'd do anything to bone her."

OK we have two quotes going:

markgugs said:
"I had a few words with my God, and he says I'm gonna get through this ok. But as for you, you're fucked!"

It rings a bell - and it's killing me not remembering...

haddsie said:
"First time I set eyes on Mary Swanson I just got that old fashioned romantic feeling. Where I'd do anything to bone her."

This one was annoying me for a while because I recognized it too, but then I remembered the 'Swanson - Samsonite' connection....it's DUMB & DUMBER!

markgugs said:
"I had a few words with my God, and he says I'm gonna get through this ok. But as for you, you're fucked!"
GOT IT! It's that nutty dude in Braveheart! Did I win? Did I? Did I?

I kept thinking it was the 13th Warrior, but then it finally came to me.

OK, if no one else is going to post a new quote, I will. This one might be tough, so if no one gets it right away I'll add another from the same movie:

Those giraffes you sold me,they won't mate. They just walk around, eating, and not mating. You sold me... queer giraffes. I want my money back.

I think you're right Dreamlord.

OK here's one. Might be obvious though...

Man1: "Who are you? What's your name?"
Man 2:"Fuck you, that's my name. You know why? Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight and I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. THAT'S my name. You see this watch. This watch cost more than your car. I made $970,000 dollars last year, how much did you make? You see pal, that's who I am and you're nothing. Nice guy? I dont give a shit. Good father? Fuck you. Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here--close."

Dreamlord said:
GOT IT! It's that nutty dude in Braveheart! Did I win? Did I? Did I?

I kept thinking it was the 13th Warrior, but then it finally came to me.

Correct! It was the nutty Irishman who fought with the Scottish plainsmen.

As for what you win, um, the right to post another movie quote?

Character 1: Yo, I told you, my mother's mother's mother was black!
Character 2: Man, if you were any less black you'd be clear.

markgugs said:
I don't believe that is Boiler Room; I think it's from either Glengarry Glen Ross or Wall Street, but I'm not sure.

ooh, I think you're right - Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Ok, let's see...

Here's an easy one:
"From where I'm standing, you ain't got but Jack and shit. And Jack just left town."

Ali, I know you know this 1 right away, but give someone else a chance!