Movie Quotes

NAD said:
I guess The Island of Dr. Monroe, but the funny thing is I have never heard that quote nor seen that movie before. Am I right? :D

Ahem, that was actually Enter the Dragon (right?)... a slightly better flick than that pile of arse, the Island of Doctor Moron.

How about this one:

"Can you believe these new girls? None of them use birth control and they eat all the steak!"

NAD said:
I guess The Island of Dr. Monroe, but the funny thing is I have never heard that quote nor seen that movie before. Am I right? :D

The Island of Dr. Monroe? What the....ooooh, you mean the Island of Dr Moreau.

Anyway, nope. Try again!

haddsie said:
Wow, I never would have guessed that one. I hated Rushmore, although I've always wanted to try watching it again because it got such good reviews and I think maybe I was just in the wrong mood to watch it the first time or something.

Oh man, I *love* Rushmore; just a brilliant movie. Anyone who liked it should check out Bottle Rocket. Equally as brilliant (same writers, many of the same actors).

haddsie said:
"Can you believe these new girls? None of them use birth control and they eat all the steak!"
haha! I just got this...I was sure I knew it too, hehehe.

OK this is Almost Famous. It's the scene where that weird looking chick with the cats eyes is talking to the band, just after Penny Lane has gone home and the next round of groupies make their way in to the Stillwater tour.

In the words of Flava Flav, "Cold medina!"

OK here's one:

Man 1: How do you want to get rid of him?
Man 2: Well, do you want to shoot him?
Man 1: That's a little noisy, isn't it?
Man 2: Well, do you want to stab him?
Man 1: That's a little cold blooded, isn't it?
Man 2: Do you want to kill him or not?
Man 1: I'll cut him, I've got a blade.
Man 2: *sighs* Yeah...that's the spirit...

Okay here we go:

"You see what happens Larry? Do you SEE what happens Larry? Do you see what happens when you FUCK a STRANGER in the ASS!?!??! DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS LARRY!?!?!" etc.

From another all time favorite movie of mine. I hope it won't stump the gallery like the last...

Character 1: "Ok, the way I see it, if we were an old couple, dated for years, graduated, away from all these scholastic complications, and I reached over and kissed you, you wouldn't say a word, you'd be delighted, probably, but if I was to do that now it'd be quite forward, and if I did it the first time we ever met you probably would hit me."

Character 2: "What do you mean?"

Character 1: "I just wish we were an old couple so I could do that."

No, I wouldn't call it a chick film. Here's another quote from the movie, two different characters though:

Character 1: "I'm too nostalgic. I'll admit it."

Character 2: "We graduated four months ago. What can you possibly be nostalgic for?"

Character 1: "I'm nostalgic for conversations I had yesterday. I've begun reminiscing events before they even occur. I'm reminiscing this right now. I can't go to the bar because I've already looked back on it in my memory...and I didn't have a good time."

Yeah good call. Clerks rules for quotes - especially the dialogue around contractors working on the death star when it blew up.

OK NAD - you quote. :)

Yup that Star Wars contractor scene is great. My favorite movie of all time. I'm looking forward to Jersey Girl, even if it DOES have J. Ho in it. :puke:

This is all that I could think of:

"Back then we didn't have fancy birth control methods. Like pulling out!"

Dirty Work... funny movie.

Ok, I said I quit, but here goes, an easy one, but one of my favorite quotes of all time:

"...what is best in life?"

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women."