9/15 Rush
9/22 Down
9/27 Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel
10/6 Marky Ramone's Blitzkrieg
10/13 Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson
10/27 Cheech & Chong
11/17 UFO
11/30 The Who

Impressive list for a year's work. I've met Mike Love before. cool dude. And it wasn't some fanfest or meet and greet. It was at a restaurant and we were actually introduced. This was when Ipods first came out and were novel and I recall whipping out my ipod and showing off my Beach Boys catalogue.

Impressive list for a year's work. I've met Mike Love before. cool dude. And it wasn't some fanfest or meet and greet. It was at a restaurant and we were actually introduced. This was when Ipods first came out and were novel and I recall whipping out my ipod and showing off my Beach Boys catalogue.

That's great! Mike Love seems like a pretty down to earth guy.

Updated list...
3/18 D.R.I.
4/1 Van Halen/Kool & The Gang
4/25 Overkill
5/12 Chickenfoot
5/22 Beach Boys 50th Anniversary
6/22 Aerosmith/Cheap Trick
6/29 Scorpions/Tesla
7/5 Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper
7/13 Kid Rock
7/19 Def Leppard/Poison/Lita Ford
7/22 Mayhem Fest
8/15 System of a Down/Deftones
9/7 Kiss/Motley Crue
9/15 Rush
9/22 Down
9/27 Anthrax/Testament/Death Angel
10/6 Marky Ramone's Blitzkrieg
10/13 Rob Zombie/Marilyn Manson
10/27 Cheech & Chong
11/17 UFO
11/30 The Who

Impressive indeed!

A friend of mine's son and husband saw Steve Vai in concert and they had a great time.

Yep, had to drop her off at work.:lol:

Awesome! I dated a dancer at one point in my life. She was cool. I never saw her dance once.

I teach guitar lessons on the side. My first student was a stripper. She quit taking lessons. Most people quit. Either I suck at teaching or people are just quitters. They don't realize they need to practice and they won't get good over night without it. Just not possible.

I teach guitar lessons on the side. My first student was a stripper. She quit taking lessons. Most people quit. Either I suck at teaching or people are just quitters. They don't realize they need to practice and they won't get good over night without it. Just not possible.

I've given guitar lessons too, and that's exactly the problem, people are quitters.

I've given guitar lessons too, and that's exactly the problem, people are quitters.

You basically have to give up your social life to become great at guitar playing. I once read an EVH interview where he said something like the reason why he's socially awkward was because he never went out and partied when he was a kid like everyone else. He just stayed home and played guitar.

You basically have to give up your social life to become great at guitar playing. I once read an EVH interview where he said something like the reason why he's socially awkward was because he never went out and partied when he was a kid like everyone else. He just stayed home and played guitar.

Yep. When Alex would go out with a sixpack of beer, Ed would stay in with a sixpack of coke (the drink :Smug:) and jam.

Saw Rush last night. Strange show. Not what I was expecting.

First the positive.
The band sounded GREAT! Amazing musicians.
Long show, two sets with a short break between.

Now, the negative.
Odd setlist. Lots of 80's album tracks that most in the audience didn't seem to know.
Second setlist started by them playing 6 or 7 songs from the new album in a row. Good album, but again, most in the audience didn't know them. Playing songs the crowd is unfamiliar with really kills the crowd reaction.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and would see them again. I would just hope they tweak the setlist to get the crowd more into it. I don't blame them for mixing it up a bit though. It probably gets boring playing the "hits" all the time.

I hate to say it, but I'm not going to the Down show tonight. I've been sick all week and if I felt any better, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Anthrax, Testament, and Death Angel thursday night. I'm going no matter what. If I die, I die.:lol: