my dad likes opeth

ok, so for a humanities assignment today i had to bring in song lyrics,
i printed out the moor, put it upstairs and went to bed(this is last night), next day my mom was like: yeah, i really like this poem, its very scottish
i stood there silently stunned for a second, then laughed really long and hard in her face, saying: yeah... nooo.. for one thing it was written by a swedish guy... and i asked if she wanted to hear the song, she said no, because she didnt want to have the lyrics "ruined for her":erk: how retarded is that

i played the moor for an old woman who used to work at the halls where i worked too, and she started to cry, lmao

RollMyCoaster13 said:
first time poster...

im 15 and i saw opeth in october at HoB chicago. i took a friend but my only way of getting there was for my dad to take us. To be honest, i think my dad is one of the coolest people out there. plus hes even an opeth fan, well the "non-satanic" stuff at least. i thought it was awesome. At the show, it was mostly comprised of heavier stuff. my friend and i were split off from my dad for a while. at the end, we met back up. he had this huge grin on his face and said "THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! OPETH KICKS ASS!" hahaha that was one fucking awesome night...

do any of your parents like opeth too? if not, what are their reactions to the best band ever?:headbang:
I was listening to Damnation one day, when my mom said,"hey thats really nice music, I like it alot!" Then I told her to stfu. Cant have my mom liking the same music as me.

Detric said:
I was listening to Damnation one day, when my mom said,"hey thats really nice music, I like it alot!" Then I told her to stfu. Cant have my mom liking the same music as me.
bitch-slap?:Smug:

RollMyCoaster13 said:
first time poster...

im 15 and i saw opeth in october at HoB chicago. i took a friend but my only way of getting there was for my dad to take us. To be honest, i think my dad is one of the coolest people out there. plus hes even an opeth fan, well the "non-satanic" stuff at least. i thought it was awesome. At the show, it was mostly comprised of heavier stuff. my friend and i were split off from my dad for a while. at the end, we met back up. he had this huge grin on his face and said "THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME! OPETH KICKS ASS!" hahaha that was one fucking awesome night...

do any of your parents like opeth too? if not, what are their reactions to the best band ever?:headbang:

Also first time poster...

I told my dad to buy Damnation and he fucking loved it. He then went out and bought Ghost Reveries and loved that.
My mum on the other hand likes the music but hates the vocals on the heavier tracks.

MY grandma really does like them.

Ofcourse, she only like the non-growling stuff. "What is this? I mean, it's just not music to me...."

But she is very fond of music, well I mean, good music. She's just limited to the atmospherical stuff.

My mom doesn't have the ability to listen to something for 10 seconds without talking about something that is more boring than watching turtles move out of the way of your car.

first time poster...

holy shit.... i think i was talkin to him! good guy if that was him! (good guy for being there in the first place anyways!)