New Dimmu Borgir is incredible....

skyshock1

Scorched earth triumphant
May 14, 2001
Southeastern US.
www.myspace.com
I don't know if it's cool to post this sorta thing here, but I know there's a few DB fans here as well. Just thought I'd share.

Death Cult Armageddon is a masterpiece. And I've only heard a rough mix. I can't wait to hear the fully mixed/mastered version...

Yeah, I'll be buying it.

I've downloaded and listened thoroughly to three songs and as far as I can hear, it's Dimmu's worst material yet. It's practically a carbon copy of Puritanical, and one album of Puritanical is plenty. Up until now Dimmu has developed just enough from album to album to stay interesting, but Death Cult Armageddon is already sounding stagnant. Dimmu's style just isn't good enough in my opinion to repeat itself...and that's exactly what they're doing now.

One album I was looking forward to that I won't be buying.

[edit] A look at the work in that link confirms all my thoughts; they're even repeating the same artistic look, themes, photography, image etc on DCA. A very similar title font, identical front cover compositional arrangement, same band poses.......

why the hell didn't they just call this Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia 2???

If they use the orchestra more, and have less blastbeat filler, then DCA could be much better than Puritanical. The two samples there seem pretty good at least.

SculptedCold said:
I've downloaded and listened thoroughly to three songs and as far as I can hear, it's Dimmu's worst material yet. It's practically a carbon copy of Puritanical, and one album of Puritanical is plenty. Up until now Dimmu has developed just enough from album to album to stay interesting, but Death Cult Armageddon is already sounding stagnant. Dimmu's style just isn't good enough in my opinion to repeat itself...and that's exactly what they're doing now.

One album I was looking forward to that I won't be buying.

[edit] A look at the work in that link confirms all my thoughts; they're even repeating the same artistic look, themes, photography, image etc on DCA. A very similar title font, identical front cover compositional arrangement, same band poses.......

why the hell didn't they just call this Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia 2???

I can see how one could form this impression, but I suggest you listen to it a few more times and let it sink in...you might change your mind.

Also keep in mind that the mp3s aren't the final copy. The pre-listening already sounds a bit different, e.g. the keys sound higher in the mix on "For the World..." which I think makes it sound more interesting.

hmm..I've heard a few songs from the pre listening and I wasn't at all impressed..It's ok but not great..Sounds like PEM part 2..Maybe I need to hear more..Also, the tour with COB is NOT as of yet coming to the NYC/Metro area or Poughkeepsie, NY..What gives?

Oh and another thing. For the second time running Vortex is wasted on this album. He simply doesn't get enough of a look in. He should have stuck with Borknagar, far better band.