New Songs "DISCUSSION ONLY" thread

Yeah that's what I thought you meant, but I can only see them becoming bigger in the underground scene almost like a Lamb of God or KsE. But I don't think they could ever be as popular as Metallica, the structures and voicings used in their songs are way to complex for the average listener. Plus not a lot of people can stomach death vocals.

Apprentice's Master said:
Ghost Reveries = St. Anger
Let's see...

"Saint Anger round my neck" - Metallica, St.Anger
"Heathen key round my neck" - Opeth, The Grand Conjuration

Opeth are fucking rippoffs.

Some opeth songs could be hits. come on, Still day beneath the sun... probably the new one on GR.

and how could Still Day not be..? :(

Or Patterns...or a shortened version of face of melinda..coem on.

Holy shit context does make a big difference! Now when I hear TGC after listening to GoP, I have a smirk on my face, instead of a frown. That's because when I get to hear the whole album I won't be judging the song on an individual basis, but as parts of the entire album. In this perspective, I can't help but accept TGC as a fitting song in their new album. Much like the dynamics contained within an Opeth song, there is a sort of dynamics between the tracks which make the listening experience sound more varied and versatile. So basically as part of an album I'd say TGC fits perfectly fine. Amazing what one song can do to another in the context of things. Props to Opeth! :headbang:

Seriously though, do you have it jean?

On a sidenote: Someone on Slsk apparently had the first 4 GR tracks. Turned out to be 3/4 Korn and 1/4 Dark Suns.

Qtulhu said:
Do you have whole Ghost Reveries? If not then where did you heard that?
No. Some people are speculating that it's a fake, but there's no way. It's Opeth's style, and the production is way too good. It's the instrumental track, and it's stunning in my opinion. Imagine a cross between Silhouette and.. Patterns in the Ivy? With woodwind instruments.