New Songs "DISCUSSION ONLY" thread

NeverIsForever said:
:lol:
why bother posting here if you hate Opeth so much?

He's obviously fucking with you guys. Who in there right mind, downloads an unreleased Opeth rip mere hours after its released but a fan?

it's true he likes Opeth but he's been extremely annoying as of late. Especially with his horrible techno song. God, I almost died.

polarity said:
see what i mean about overly defensive?
hmm, I don't believe I was being defensive. your post was funny to the point that I felt I had to express my amusement. really I could care less whether you like Opeth or not. in fact, I sincerely hope you stick around so that you can harass Opeth's new fanbase for us when the new album comes out :Spin:

About the vocals aroun the 6 minute mark not sounding like mikael:

they do sound like mikael :)

it#s a new vocal style though but that sure as hell is no other than Mikael.

polarity said:
its pointless because the music i like is too advanced for simpletons who think opeth is the pinnacle of man's musical achievement to comprehend, and even if by some freak accident you liked some of it, i wouldn't want opeth fans polluting the fanbases of the bands i like anyway.

Music that you like? Name a few. :)

upon subsequent listens, Mike's vocal melody doesn't meander without direction.

In conclusion this is a beast of a track but please Opeth stop repeating riffs in 4s, it gets predictable!

Awesome nontheless, not bad that some of them are repeated four times :)

I can't get my mind off that second solo now. One of their best, no doubt.

Its almost frightening we still have 7 more tracks to hear when the cd is released. These last two owned.. However, Ghost owned ALOT more.

Mike's vocals were amazing. He's trying new things, expanding.. nothing wrong with a little catchyness in the singing.. Still Life was full of those amazing catchy parts.

Searching my way to perplexion.. ahhh ahhh ahhh.

I also notice the Tool Influence in both of the tracks. Its not taking away from the song at all. However im a rather large tool fan, so it doesnt bother me. heh.

that is all.

You know, I'm actually finding TGC a bit better in the light of this song (or maybe it's just afterglow).

We're still got these to look forward to:

Reverie/Harlequin Forest
Hours of Wealth
The Baying of the Hounds
Atonement
Isolation Years

I'm betting Reverie is an interlude of epic quality.

Is anyone else really getting a real "reverie"/daydreamy feel to parts of this song? Especially the Ahhh ahhhs. I think we might be in for Opeth's most atmospheric release to date.