---> new to the forum? introduce yourself here <---

interesting, i never heard anyone say that amon amarth were melodeath before... arent they rather playing viking metal ? :rolleyes:

The debate can be surmised as follows. Amon Amarth are technically melodic death metal because their musical style falls into that sub-genre. This eschews their lyrical content and aesthetic property. According to the almighty metal masses of internet kvlt-warriors, they lack certain musical styles, instruments, or properties that are found in bands like Bathory and early Enslaved. Honestly, it doesn't matter. It seems like a semantical issue to me, so call them whatever you want.

I think the genre debate is silly as well and even though I find they both kick ass, I also find they dont have much in common at all. But no one cares enough anyway, Im just rambling

Sure there is Viking Metal. Some albums of Finntroll, Equilibrium and a bunch of other bands. Some may also call it Folk Metal or whatever.
There is also a genre called Atmosperrrric Crrryptic Ghost Metal. Now guess which band fits in there. All of you who do not know exactly what I am talking about. Shame on you. You are untrve. :Smug:

Sure there is Viking Metal. Some albums of Finntroll, Equilibrium and a bunch of other bands. Some may also call it Folk Metal or whatever.
There is also a genre called Atmosperrrric Crrryptic Ghost Metal. Now guess which band fits in there. All of you who do not know exactly what I am talking about. Shame on you. You are untrve. :Smug:

BURZUM!!! am I right?

Could someone please post the right answer? You do not want me to be disappointed with you, do you?

edit: I doublepost only if there has been some time between the two posts and yes, it is done on purpose.

Does not exist. I looked it up on metal archives, without the extra "r's. No matches. This leads me to believe one of three possibilities:

1. Matse is pulling our legs, figuratively speaking.

2. Matse made up a new band with ghostly pirate theme, starring Plintus on guitar, and this is how he decided to debut the information.

3. Matse is listening to Swallow the Sun, or Opeth, on PCP; as they both have prominent albums about ghosts.

You are given one more day to find a solution. If you do not know it, trying to look it up probably will not help you since you will not find it.

Opeth. :tickled:

edit: Bummers, DoC beat me to it, and apparently he wasn't right. My other pick would be DT, after that fateful night of exchanging vocalists with In Flames on a bridge and being offered undug skulls on gigs.

Siren is right as always. However the reason she gave is wrong.
Mikael suggests that Dark Tranquillity are "Atmospheric Cryptic Ghost Metal from the North" in the Century Media video stream interview.

My reason is not wrong. The two incidents i mentioned were also mentioned in the same interview. ;)