New website, new label, new cd?!

I'm sorry to spoil your fun DoomsdayZach, but I've never even heard of that band or the dude or anything so I don't have any comment about it.

:cry:

This isn't meant to be douchy at all, take this at face value. Avantasia part 1 is easily one of the greatest power metal albums ever written. That may be hyping it up too much, so i'll just say it's darn good. But seriously, I love that album more than life itself.

Wow! I just found out about you guys like today! I listened to your stuff and I like it! Symphony X is GOOD.

Wow! I just found out about you guys like today! I listened to your stuff and I like it! Symphony X is GOOD.

And the best band in the world too. But I admit that when I found out about them I only thought they were good.

So yeah, welcome to the forum, probably the only metal forum where the users don't bash each other and actually make constructive and clever posts.

Power Metal = epic fail. I understand digging it when you're <14...

Ignorance at it's finest.

Lolz, depends on the band I suppose. There are a few 'good' power metal bands out there who don't suck and don't always play the same riffs... Avantasia is not one of them. I saw them open for Epica, I wasn't too impressed. Not a bad band, just not my style!

Listen to the first album and only the first album. Metal Opera pt 2 has 3 great songs on it and the rest is mediocre, and i've only heard reviews of Scarecrow but I'm going to stay away from it. But I will restate that Metal Opera pt 1 is hands down one of the greatest power metal albums of all time, up there with Nightfall in Middle Earth, Keepers 1 and 2, Heading for Tomorrow, etc. It is incredible.

I guess i'm 10 then, because i've got some YEARS of enjoying that shit ahead of me!!

edit: Funny side note, Matt Moliti and I once had a discussion about how it seems like most people get into metal with the heavy/power/true metal category because it's more accessable, chicks dig some of it (sonata arctica, etc.) and so it's not too hard on the ears. Then as a metal fan matures, they get into more thrash, death, black, and other extreme metal. I used to think that was the way it goes, but then i got back into power/true metal and realized that metal is about fun.

Immortal gets it... metal should make you simultaneously chuckle and bang your head.