NFL 2012

Now this, this was what I want to see by the Saints. Offense? Flawless. Graham is almost certainly the best pass catching TE in the league even over Gronkowski. All three running backs were great. Brees had a record setting day.

And despite all the yards given up by the defense they played quite well, especially in the first half. A few brilliant plays were erased by the two worst 'defenseless receiver' penalties I have ever seen which probably would've kept the game at least a score less by the Giants...but what can I say...absolute domination.

IMO, Green Bay has a much better chance of pulling off a perfect season than NE had. The GB defense is better, and at this point, Rodgers could school Brady a bit.

Unless, of course, they decide to sit starters in the last 2-3 weeks of the season.

I'd be totally ok with that, but I doubt McCarthy will let his foot off the gas pedal. They seem due for a letdown though, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose a game before the season ends.

I don't want to see a Saints/Packers rematch, though. That will be a tossup. The only advantage Green Bay will have is homefield advantage, most likely, which will make a huge difference since it'll be like -100 degrees there. Also, the GB defense is a little bit better.

Saw some interesting stats on how bad the GB rush offense and defense is. Of course, Rodgers can toss 300 yds and 3 tds in his sleep, so kind of negates that.

The only 2 QBs in the NFC who can hope to hang with Rodgers are Brees and Romo.

IMO, Green Bay has a much better chance of pulling off a perfect season than NE had. The GB defense is better, and at this point, Rodgers could school Brady a bit.

How in the world is the Green Bay defense better than the 2007 patriots???

You realize the pats defense gave up like 15-16 points per game that season right?? (compared to around 21 for the packers). The 2007 Pats team was the greatest team we've ever seen - their offense was more explosive than the 2011 packers and their defense was about as good as the 2011 49ers

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post?id=33128

Rodgers is actually beating 07 Brady in YPA. So no, the Packers are technically more explosive.Let's also look at the difference in the quality of the divisional opponents the '07 Patriots faced, vs the '11 Packers. Rodgers also doesn't have Randy Moss to just lob it up to.

Just pulling from the stats, Brady to Moss was the one trick pony that ran out of breath as the season wound down.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post?id=33128

Rodgers is actually beating 07 Brady in YPA. So no, the Packers are technically more explosive.Let's also look at the difference in the quality of the divisional opponents the '07 Patriots faced, vs the '11 Packers. Rodgers also doesn't have Randy Moss to just lob it up to.

Rodgers has been more efficient but the patriots averaged nearly 36 points per game (compared to 33-34 for the packers). Points >>> efficiency

defensively it's a huge difference as well - 15/16 vs 21

the 2007 pats were the most dominant team in the history of football

Not dominant enough to win the only game that counts, and not dominant enough to not need some serious referee bullshit against the Ravens. I smell sour grapes.

Edit: Again, regarding PA between the Pats and Packers, lets look at divisional opponent quality:

Dolphins
Bills
Jets

All with a losing record.

Bears
Lions
Vikings

2 teams in the playoff chase.

Not dominant enough to win the only game that counts, and not dominant enough to not need some serious referee bullshit against the Ravens. I smell sour grapes.

actually I despise the patriots, so no sour grapes at all

in fact I hate both teams equally - I'm a bears fan

Edit: Again, regarding PA between the Pats and Packers, lets look at divisional opponent quality:

Dolphins
Bills
Jets

All with a losing record.

Bears
Lions
Vikings

2 teams in the playoff chase.

true but the patriots did annihilate several good teams - chargers, cowboys and steelers come to mind

Overall, I think it's pretty close offensively but the 2011 packers defense is definately not as good as the 2007 patriots defense. People forget the 2007 Pats defense was loaded with big time playmakers

It will be quite interesting to see how the final statistics shake out, and of course, the most important one.

The ravens are the team that can beat the Packers in the superbowl

their defense is just ferocious - not only is that team undefeated against opponents with winning records this year, but they've given up around 14 ppg in those games

:lol: Bull fucking shit. The Ravens suck man.

Ravens are 5-0 against winning teams with victories against the jets, texans, steelers (twice) and 49ers - 4 of the 5 wins were by 10+ points

I realize they've lost some games against bad teams, but that won't be relevant in the playoffs

If Flacco plays well, the Ravens can beat anybody because that's the best defense in the league

Saw some interesting stats on how bad the GB rush offense and defense is. Of course, Rodgers can toss 300 yds and 3 tds in his sleep, so kind of negates that.

The only 2 QBs in the NFC who can hope to hang with Rodgers are Brees and Romo.

Eli and Romo stats this year are identical, cut the bullshit!

and you can't compare either of them to Brees and Rodgers. REALITY.

NY_Jets_Helm.jpg