Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wants to categorize different aspects of a forum. What's wrong with a little organisation?

It's already organized. All the new forums are going to do is take the sticky threads and divide them into a hundred different, useless parts. I don't think anyone's complained with the format as it is, so I don't see the need for change. I also don't see the need to close these threads with everything that's gone into them just because there's a new subforum.

It's already organized. All the new forums are going to do is take the sticky threads and divide them into a hundred different, useless parts. I don't think anyone's complained with the format as it is, so I don't see the need for change. I also don't see the need to close these threads with everything that's gone into them just because there's a new subforum.
The purpose of the 'stickied' topics is to categorise all the threads which pertain to every (or most) attention or interest of as many users as possible, such as an announcement or a set of rules, and not general discussions like it is the case now. A different sub-forum is only going to ensure the off-topic discussions actually get to have seperate threads, instead of them being stacked in the same "Social Thread". i.e. topics pertaining to sports can have a seperate thread, TV/films can have a seperate one, which isn't the case at the moment. The current setup only has an overly crowded off-topic thread, which the new setup will take care of, and hence further organise the board more.

Status
Not open for further replies.