Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ask Deron. Or maybe that was still Mark? I have no concept of time whatsoever and honestly don't remember when this happened or even when Deron took over the site.

Either way, the forum apparently got pretty bad and was eventually removed from the site altogether and continued at a different location. I had already stopped reading it by then so I don't really know the specifics. All I know is that it didn't end well.

OI YOU LOT
moonpn5.gif

TV is actually pretty gay altogether, especially the TV on the 6 big networks. TV has turned into the radio, shitty unless you pay a huge monthy price to get 10598205392835 channels.... regardless.....

I saw Sabbath/Megadeth the other day at Heaven and Hell. If you ask me, the way Dio can still sing at age ?64? is so far beyond me. He may look like he's dying, but he looked like that twenty years ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if 11 years from now he's still goin for their 50th anniversary tour. Honestly the most incredible performance I've seen since Bruce and Iron Maiden were at the Coors Event Center in Denver. Heaven and Hell drew out about 20 minutes worth of ass kickery and solos, while classics like Neon Nights and Sign of the Southern Cross rounded out why I love metal in the first place. Everyone who knew ANYTHING about metal sang along and banged their heads and their fists, while the partards who didn't even know Dio was ever in Sabbath moshed.... Yeah, you heard me. They moshed... During Sabbath... And i wanted to curb stomp every one of them.

Something to be noted about this mosh.... Nobody over age 20, and nobody who didnt have an emo as fuck haircut and tight pants on. Hey, from now on, do us a favor and leave after MachineHead, k?

Megadeth was not to be forgotten. They played for an hour, and it seemed like 10 minutes. They played four tracks from the newbie, including Washington is Next, as well as classics such as Symphony and Peace Sells. Once again, everyone who knew anything about metal was singing along to IF THERE'S A NEW WAVE, ILL BE THE FIRST IN LINE, BUT IT BETTER WORK THIS TIME! and the tards moshed away, trying to hide the fact that they know NOTHING about metal. There was a nine year old girl on the shoulders of her dad, and knew every word to Holy Wars, and threw up her metal horns when Symphony came on... i was proud and i wasn't even her dad.

I love Sabbath....

My brother and I were trying to figure out what band had been around semi-recently that will be filling up arenas twenty years from now.... All we came up with was LoG, and were thuroughly embarrassed about that. I know metal is more popular in Europe and a lot of bands have a lot more fans and can play at bigger venues... but in america? who's going to fill those arenas in the future? christ im scared for the future of metal... at least in america...

oh, and into eternity is coming back with dream theatre, and then with edguy and susperia.... im fired up.

The reason for this is to start eliminating these huge threads on the forum as they suck up extra memory when they are clicked on, etc. It's not a big deal as some are making it, one thread vs. one sub-forum, big deal?

FYI - it will NOT turn into old SOT - that forum became what it was because it was unmonitored for too long and too many people had a sense of entitlement and non-respect for the site as a whole. I would like to think that the people here (for the most part) are above that.

The reason for this is to start eliminating these huge threads on the forum as they suck up extra memory when they are clicked on, etc. It's not a big deal as some are making it, one thread vs. one sub-forum, big deal?

FYI - it will NOT turn into old SOT - that forum became what it was because it was unmonitored for too long and too many people had a sense of entitlement and non-respect for the site as a whole. I would like to think that the people here (for the most part) are above that.

I approve but why are we keeping the threads if we have the forums? Did I miss that memo?

Goodbye, Social thread. You were so, so bizarre and, at time, upseting and creepy. Lets all remember the good times, like when the Greys had that epic fucking temper tantrum, demanded to be baned and then proceeded to troll every other thread in GMD. Or the time that Sus raged against the machine. Or the time that Dave said that the whale cock was "awesome".

Status
Not open for further replies.